Port Forwarding for SSH using Syrotech Router.

• Thread starter Thread starter Brinxe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,596
ISP
BSNL
I have a SY-GPON-1110-WDONT Syrotech router.

I did the basic steps for port forwarding (Forwarded port 22 using preset) and set the NAT type to NAT 2.

DMZ is disabled, UpnP is disabled.

Is there anything else I can do or has BSNL just straight up blocked it?

Could someone at least tell me if port forwarding is possible or not? Almost every single common port is closed on my external IP. If I know it's not possible at least I can give up on the matter.

Okay, so in case anybody stumbles upon this in the future, the way to do it is to just have a second router on hand and put the ONT in bridge mode, so that the second router can handle all the port forwarding and whatnot. This eliminates the double NAT issue.

Google around and you should be able to figure it out.

Application>Advanced NAT>NAT Configuration>click ADD and fill their IP in server IP address and then select secure shell host(SSH) from the dropdown menu it will automatically add required port 22 in the list. Click on enable and save/apply.

So this is what I did, and it didn't work. Turns out in my case I had another router dealing with the LAN part while the ONT dealt with the WAN side, so I just bridged the ONT and configured port forwarding on the second router, which was an infinitely better experience than the ONT.