• Thread starter Thread starter entee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 6,333

entee

ISP
MTNL NU
Hi all,

I have been trying to figure out how to forward ports for UTorrent for my router T-KD 318-MI which was supplied by MTNL. It has apparently been made by a manufacturer whose website is Welcome to ALPHA Networks

This is what I have done as of yet. Please confirm or correct whatever I hae posted.

Port Forward for MTNL Router T-KD 318-MI

Go to 192.168.1.1
Enter u/n and pwd
Go to Advanced->Virtual Server
And then enter private IP i.e. your IP in TCP/IP properties (default 192.168.1.40 or such)
After that enter port addresses for single port for local/internal and external as 'xxxxx' which is the UTorrent connections port. Apply and then save and reboot.

Please comment on this. Anyone who has the same router and has forwarded ports please post. Thanks.

1. Your modem is of "Kasda" make.2. Have you already successfully tried the procedure you have written your mail, or still exploring.3. Read my thread "port forwarding in utstar modem", on this forum

1. Your modem is of "Kasda" make.
2. Have you already successfully tried the procedure you have written your mail, or still exploring.
3. Read my thread "port forwarding in utstar modem", on this forum

@essbebe and @anilsaxena
I have checked port forward and the screenshots for Kasda is not the same. I have successfully tried the procedure and want to confirm the same. Again I have also checked the UT Starcom screenshots and they are not similar as well. If someone uses the same modem and has forwarded ports please confirm the procedure.

@entee . Basic idea is same and programming pages need not be same.For each and every modem , we have to search the web for PF and the website given by @banda Is the LAST WORD. May be someone may write a Blog , about their experience, in setting an unusual modem/model. See @boygr8 has refered UT300r2UTest your setup and give us feed back. If you can give the Device Status info it will be useful. /and the port forward page in your model.

I tried to follow following procedure (as suggested by you):Go to 192.168.1.1Enter u/n and pwdGo to Advanced->Virtual ServerAnd then enter private IP i.e. your IP in TCP/IP properties (default 192.168.1.40 or such)After that enter port addresses for single port for local/internal and external as 'xxxxx' which is the UTorrent connections port. Apply and then save and reboot."My private ip value was given as 192.168.1.3 (as indicated by ipconfig command) and 1040 in 'xxxxx' . But it did not work. In fact computer hanged. Please suggest.

mine.
if you can give the Device Status info it will be useful.
/and the port forward page in your model.
No response from you.

http://i4.tinypic.com/5y2f8ds.jpg
Does the page look like this ?
See PF site given by Banda.
In your computer TCP/IP properties/ check assign IP address automatically.
Enter the default gateway 192.168.1.1
Confirm whether you are on "Always On Mode " or Dialup" mode ?
If later mode no PF required.

anybody to reply on this forum???i have the same model n make..im not able to port-forward either..tried almost everything possible..even bridging..nothing works!

member/uman26/Post Device status page screenshot. same like one model Ut300R2u and /beetel 220BXIf Virtual server option is available PF possibleportforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Kasda/KD318MUI/Utorrent.htm ( add http:// www )In IE open 192.168.1.1/main.html REF:mtnldelhi.in/services/broadband.htm see for configuration guide.