Port block Problem

• Thread starter Thread starter raj000
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 14,445
OK I'll try to explain this in an easy way so please follow all steps.

1. Login to the router/modem using Internet Explorer. You will have a problem storing the settings if you use any other browser.

2. Advanced --> Virtual Server.

3. Giva a name to the rule in the rule box, enter private IP, enter protocol TCP/UDP/Both, then enter the ports you want forwarded in port start and port end accordingly, in the port map add a port through which you want all your traffic mapped, generally within the range. Click Apply.

4. Tools --> System --> Save and Reboot.

5. When its rebooted, goto Advanced --> Filters. Select Inbound Filters.

6. In Source IP, select Any IP from dropdown box. In destination IP select Single IP from Dropdown box, and enter your IP there.

7. In Source port, depending on whether you need a range or a single port, select relevant then enter the port(s) into the field. Do the same for the Destination port(s).

8. In Protocol select what you entered in the Virtual Server Rule, TCP/UDP/Both accordingly.

9. Set Action to Allow. Click Apply. When the rule appears click the Enable checkbox.

10. Goto, Tools --> System --> Save & Reboot.

11. Restart your machine, you should have forwarded ports now 🙂

PS : Please note this ceases to work if you do not have a Static IP, so select a Static IP before doing this, raj000 you have a static IP (192.168.1.10) so you needn't worry 🙂

Done..... Thank You Verry Verry Much Tushar

So, everything working perfectly now, you don't need to thank me just pay the bills I'm sending over to ur place :lol:, j/k enjoy 🙂

Originally posted by Tushar@Jun 29 2005, 07:46 AM
.....3. Giva a name to the rule in the rule box, enter private IP, Which is private IP? enter protocol TCP/UDP/Both, then enter the ports you want forwarded in port start and port endWhat are port start and port end? I learnt somewhere tht port 4662 should be opened.So wht I ve to enter at these fields? accordingly, in the port map add a port through which you want all your traffic mapped....
....PS : Please note this ceases to work if you do not have a Static IP, so select a Static IP before doing this In the Internet Protocol(TCP/IP) Properties window, I ve set it to 'Obtain an IP address automatically'  ...do I ve to change tht too??

Which is private IP?
-------Start --> Run --> cmd --> Press Enter --> type "ipconfig" --> Press Enter --> It will show you your IP address

What are port start and port end? I learnt somewhere tht port 4662 should be opened.So wht I ve to enter at these fields?
-------Port Start and Port end are basically the ports you will be forwading, it depends on what p2p client/network you are using.
http://www.portforward.com/cports.htm is a comprehensive list of clients and the respective ports they need to be forwarded.
Please note that if you want to forward only 1 port then the start and end port should be the same.

In the Internet Protocol(TCP/IP) Properties window, I ve set it to 'Obtain an IP address automatically' ...do I ve to change tht too??
--------Yes, you will need to change that, you have to make a static IP address outside of the DHCP assigned IP addresses, look http://www.portforward.com/dlink/dsl504t-dhcp.htm for a nice and easy guide for doing this

Are you sure your connection was working when you took that command propmt Screenshot, I'm baffled how can you have an internal DNS server unless you are running one on a spare comp?

OK you can use any damn DNS server that doesnt make a difference, just pick any two from http://forum.seo4india.com/Airtel_Dns-t1541.html, I guess the ones Sushubh gave are nice try em out.

iam using these ports which r best for p2p appz
with above ports iam always getting high id in my emule.
and if it is abt xp sp2 firewall,with emule u can open exactly the required ports.and sp2 comes with limited tcp/ip simultaneous thread.ie 10 connections.u have to patch it.use EvID4226Patch212-en.zip(just google it)
make ur connections 50 from 10.this will bring some difference in ur uploads and downloads.
on my 96kbps connection iam getting between 64-90kbps speed(using emule)
http://img91.echo.cx/my.php?image=17ld.jpg

Hi Firoz,Are these the Port start and port end ports u 've given??What are ports need to be opened for eMule, BitComet, WinMX??

Originally posted by powdermonkey@Jul 1 2005, 05:42 PM
In the configuration page there is one setting in WAN section.
View attachment 178
Do I ve to change this to static IP?

Sorry for putting this so long.
[snapback]14431[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hi were u able 2 configure it.. if yes cud u guide me thru it as i got a lill confused...

Did you actually *read* my post at the top of the page.Atkleast elaborate what the problem is.