• Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 8,538

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
i use gmail for my regular mails. yesterday i tried setting up a pop mail client and no matter how hard i try all my mails were bounced because the ip address of mine allotted to me by airtel was in some spam database or the other. do you also face that kind of a problem?

if you're using GMail's POP, are you also using their SMTP? maybe that will avoid sending on Airtel's IPs - im sure lots of people run spam operations, or their PCs are infected with bots which cause the IPs to get blocked)...

well i was using one of my domain's main ids. the problem is that i am not using my computer as the smtp server. but still opera does not send the mail through pop claiming that the ip is banned. i should try using thunderbird just to double check.

If you are using GMail's SMTP server, try using your own (I.e. the one provided by host that hosts your domain).

many of the gmail ips and yahoo too are blacklisted ..... we too face many issues while trying to receive mails from gmail or yahoo or hotmail ids as the server used to relay in blacklisted..... u can't really help over come this.... and wait till the webmail operator or DNSBL keeper remove the entries.....to double check u may use dnsstuff.com for the IP which is bein rejected!