Poor speed with BSNL on 4mbps plan

• Thread starter Thread starter manugupta10
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 4,761
I agree .. I still doubt that their lines could not handle it although the guys in BSNL office were telling that it all that I would get and lines are fine .. I told them that even in the worst case scenario, I should get 7 Mbps speed or so.. but they did not agree... I even explained to them that in a 4 Mbps lines, I was getting 3.5 Mbps .. so, how can I get 3.8 Mbps speed or so in a 8 Mbps line.. they said that is how it works.. .some speed is lost.. I tried to explain them that if 10-20% speed is lost in the 4 Mbps, logically the same ratio of speed loss should also happen in the 8 Mbps line.. but they never agreed.. anyways I kept the line due to the FUP limit of 175 GB till the time the phone was dead for months followed and preceded by continously terrible lines due to which I downgraded in disgust.

Anyways, it seems the first good news from BSNL has come after a long time. The post-FUP speed is now 1 Mbps even on my basic 675 plan which I took actually as a downgrade till the time the Reliance Jio unlimited connection is there.. but that is the first time in recent years that BSNL has taken the lead and actually implemented something that other major private ISPs never implemented i.e. a decent post-FUP speed.. congrats to them on that front.

I am on upto 4mbps (Plan 1495) for many years but I never got more than 1.7mbps and upload 90kbps

I am from Goa closer to Panaji Capital

Last edited:
I had this problem for 4 years, recently when complained, they checked and fixed it by raising to 4mbps (4095) (from 2mbps) but when they did that they decrease my upload speed cap to 509kbps (from 1024)

If you are close to the exchange, you will get 8Mbps........ if far away, then forget it.
I have just changed from 8Mbps to the 675 plan because there is no point arguing with them.

Most importanr, if it does not work, make regular complaints on the phone complaint line, NOT ONLINE. and keep a record of the docket numbers.

After it is repaired, give a letter to the exchange asking for refund due to non working of internet. quoting the docket numbers.
If they know you will ask for refund, the line gets repaired very fast.

Their cables are ancient so if you want 100% reliable net, take the 3G plan.

Could anyone of u please help me two month ago I have opted for 999rs plan along with unlimited calling plan of JAIPUR city of 48 rs unlimited calling but not satisfied with speeds so i downgrade my plan to 675rs but they didn't remove 48rs plan after downgrade of bb plan as its only applicable on bb plan above 700rs and I talk a lot on my 48rs plan during 2 months and now a notice came to my home that you will be charged 3467 for calling in next bill extra but still plan of 48rs is there on my phone.
So how I can react to this notice or any suggestions to solve this problem.....

@Jiharsh try going to the regional or city main exchange/office- they normally have someone there who can discuss such billing issues.

Can anyone tell me what speed does BBG COMBO ULD 1441 offer. Im currently using the plan and on bsnl.co.in they say it offers 8mpbs til 15 gb after which speed is reduced to 1mbps but im getting 2mpbs speed instead of 8mbps what should i do?

go to the main telephone exchange in your city/ town ! meet the GM/DGM/AGM (broadband) and request for upgradation of your line profile to 8 mpbs !