Poor network everywhere and Volte/Vowifi not working

• Thread starter Thread starter imdarkray
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 89
  • Views Views 21,828
I have been using VI here in haryana.
Except for occasional hiccups like no network while raining (same as airtel), i am quite satisfied with their performance. Waiting for refarming of 3g spectrum....Its gonna be great experience thereafter.

So, I finally ported out to Airtel today. Now getting similar bad network signal at home but atleast I have VoWifi, so no more missing calls.

Even after doing complaint to PGportal, they did nothing.

One thing I learnt, all network operators are like that only. They update network only when it's actually planned. So if you are facing any issue, better to compare with service of other operators at your place and port to the best of them. No use of complaining here and there.

Last edited:
So, I finally ported out to Airtel today. Now getting similar bad network signal at home but atleast I have VoWifi, so no more missing calls.

Even after doing complaint to PGportal, they did nothing.

One thing I learnt, all network operators are like that only. They update network only when it's actually planned. So if you are facing any issue, better to compare with service of other operators at your place and port to the best of them. No use of complaining here and there.
I had complained on Airtel app regarding data speed and while calling 121 the bot was replying that the call was coming from area having congested tower.
though the resolution time was showing a date after 1 month they did added capacity to band 40 and I started getting band 1 which had best speeds and they did this in 5 days. Although band 3 is still congested but I am now getting band 1 and 40 .
Try complaining on app it might help you.

@Gaurav_add well it was different for me, I tired all possible service options including pg portal, but they don't even bother to provide me with good signal, they rejected by saying they cannot provide the signal in my area, while the simplest thing for them to do was enable band 1 in my area.

@imdarkray sims maybe Vi, while taking a vi sim the retailer or the showroom agent can choose between Vodafone and Idea ,still there are 2 operators Vodafone and idea are still present they are using different network core still operating differently only the radio and network side integration is completed in Bihar while in other states its still going on so after that's complete then only those Vodafone and idea will disappear. both running different IMS (VOLTE) Config so that also differs between circles, now basically there is an anchor network which is the main network for ex here in Kerala the main network is IDEA and i am using Vi postpaid which runs on Vodafone core (all postpaid sims run on Vodafone Core) it still using vodafone ims still using vodafone's ambr limit and i have both sims Vodafone and idea you can try opening your APN Settings there is an MNC and MCC code which will specify which operator it is while mine still says its Vodafone
when will thier core and ims settings get merged in mpcgcircle, still seeing two apn's and speed difference on Vi(vodafone and idea core )

This doesn't apply for everyone actually, Airtel and Jio network here is chocked af, while Vi with the most customers still providing the fastest speeds, Jio and Airtel can't compete in Kerala, after 3G shutdown its 40Mhz FDD and 30Mhz TDD CA everything is enabled 4CA you name it

Actually everyone has this perception about Vi that its a shitty network, Every where u go you hear it's a shitty network, media is always blaming Vi, loosing that loosing this, i was an airtel/Jio user while they where both giving 1mbps during peak hours i had thought Vi would be even worse, then i tried Vi before integration it was usable but after the integration it just got crazy, i had only B3 10Mhz while it became 20Mhz and Got all 5 bands on my serving site, B3 20Mhz, B8 10Mhz, B1 10Mhz, B40 10Mhz, B41 20Mhz, everything was being upgraded, still sites are being upgraded while airtel/Jio has remained the same till today 1mbps during peak hours, while Vi is giving almost 30mbps during peak hours with 1+3+8 CA, Now Vi's network is good in those top Circles like Mumbai,MP, Kerala,WB, Gujarat etc

Well said. Same here in my area. Although Jio/Airtel have improved but Vi has never shown any sort of silence. I see their network guys more than Jio/Airtel ones climbing on towers installing new antennas and adding new radios. Since last year they've added 5-6 new GSM antennas (those white rectangular ones). Speed is getting more and more since then.

To be fair Vi is very decent here in Pune at least in my area. Speedtests show better performance than both Jio and Airtel. My family has nothing to complain about so far performance wise but they're still more expensive than Jio but not as much as self-crowned telecom royalty Airtel. 😀 Back in the days for decades Idea, Vodafone & Airtel were up there at the top 3 in order of preference but then Jio happened in 2016. The rest is history.

Note to you blokes - easy with the quotes or you'll get a warning and if it continues, a ban. Mods frown at it big time. 😀

@RKhan21 I'm from Rajasthan circle. City is Jaipur. Also here in my area they've did a lot of changes either it be adding more antennas or upgrading speeds. Some time ago speeds were capped at 40 Mbps but now it isn't. They've definitely come a long way. Because whenever me and my Jio/Airtel friends do speedtest at any area Vi comes first and Airtel mostly second or first sometimes and Jio always last.

@Chip True 😁😂

VI is still poor here at my place.
Had ported my Jio number 4-5 months back to VI postpaid. Thought postpaid will have better coverage and speed. Also, still no Volte or Vowifi.

Whereas Airtel has improved its network a lot here in the last couple of months. I have switched to Airtel postpaid and the call quality is good everywhere indoors same as Jio.

I will again port my VI number back to Jio. waiting for their 5G SIM to be available.

You are from UP circle and it's least bothering circle for Vi as I've heard from others. Because last year when I too went to Katihar there was no VOLTE and I asked CC and they said it's not available yet. So yeah. Apart from it in big cities and high crowd areas where Vi users are more they're investing in network and all. Even though they're having a revenue crunch. I love their spirit of not giving up. It's just time before Better days.

@havoc lol. see the first post here. I created this thread in 2020 and still, there is no improvement. Should we wait another 50-60 years for those better days to come? 🤣
And I am talking about the Bihar circle. In UP it's still better.

Bihar Circle Vi is worst one shouldn't even keep a Vi sim there outside City limits network just goes missing. In city like Jamshedpur they still have 5 or 10MHz B3 only no 3G shutdown and no VoLTE on Vodafone too only works on Idea