Poor Netflix performance on BSNL Bharat Fiber Broadband

ISP
BSNL BHARAT FIBER, KERALAVISION BROADBAND
Netflix is not working properly on bsnl ftth recently. Thumbnails are not loading and feels deep lag on every platform. All other sites are working perfectly. I have a backup kerelavision broadband connection and when I switch to KV, Netflix not showing any issues. I tried with multiple dns and there is no difference. Please help

Hi,

There is an option to check network in Netflix app. It should show any error, and max download speed. If you find an issue, you could check N with some other device on bsnl ftth itself, say a firetv stick or a laptop browser, to see if the same issue is there.

I've had this lag once or twice on N using my bsnl ftth. Issue with lower speed, thumbnails being slow etc. It was solved after restarting my wifi router. Case of interference on 2.4 Ghz + older router + thick walls etc in my case.

And how recently has the problem started? and where in kerala are you located?

Last edited:
I am also facing issues in netflix strreaming .I am not able to download videos from netflix.The downloading gets dangled not finishing ever. I assume it is due to that the newly installed netflix cache in their network , maybe some connectivity issues.Earier it was fine for me. I am on Bharat Fiber 849 plan and is from Kottayam in kerala.

Thank you for the response. I am using D-Link Dir 882 model router. I just changed ac band wifi channel width limited to 20/40Mhz from 20/40/80/160Mhz. Now NetFlix working completely fine. I don't know the exact reason, but after this change it gets okay.

I am still having the issue .I am not able to download any of the titles.The connection will not move above 1mbps. Please help me with this . i am not able to download a single one of them.

Netflix is not working properly on bsnl ftth recently. Thumbnails are not loading and feels deep lag on every platform. All other sites are working perfectly. I have a backup kerelavision broadband connection and when I switch to KV, Netflix not showing any issues. I tried with multiple dns and there is no difference. Please help

Go to Fast.com (Netflix's own, connected to Netflix servers) and run a speedtest. What values does it return? In my experience BSNL follows net neutrality and doesn't throttle.

Speeds to fast.com are the maximum possible getting a 55Mbps up and down. The issue is very recent since only after BSNL added a netflix OCA cache in to their server.Earlier it was no issues

hello guys, I am facing same issues with Netflix. all other apps and downloads go well but when I start Netflix it gets stuck. only rarely sometimes it runs smooth but that too with buffering.

need you guys to help me out
using BSNL FTTH 50 MBPS plan with Optilink OP-XONT 71110N modem router

Can someone please tell me what is going on with my BSNL FTTH. Shouldn't the route stay the same and not change every 2 seconds.

Last edited by a moderator: