Poor and expensive ISPs in Pimple Gurav

• Thread starter Thread starter adjango
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,287
ISP
Can't share
I have been living in Pimple Gurav for past 10 years, despite this area lies between Aundh and Pimple Saudagar, we don't get internet directly from providers(which is cheaper btw), local politicians supporters has distributed areas among themselves so they can avoid competition and sell their plans. We don't have Jio Fiber or Airtel Fiber available here despite their head offices nearby. Thats a shame. I just want to know what can be done for this, can we complaint to TRAI and lodge a complaint for this unfair practice ?

@adjango it's a local issue and Airtel, Tata Sky or other national level ISP will only enter areas that they believe are commercially viable for them. It's best you talk to their customer service or visit their offices to get a clear idea.

Also, about complaining to TRAI unless you have proof of this 'unfair practice' you won't make headway. These local parties are just taking advantage of the situation.

@Chip thanks for your input, one of my friend told me that these major ISPs tried to lay thier cables in area but stopped by local gundas and told those officers that give us the franchise so only we can operate, so most of them provide through so called operators. although there is no way i can get s proof of this but companies shouldn't provide franchise as the plan gets expensive and service gets worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Start a cooperative with 50 - 100 people in your area and register a SME under that cooperative society’s name. You’ll need a board/committee and a designated treasurer. Pool/collect money for Fiber and equipment, hand out contracts to instal/lay Fiber. You will face troubles from the incumbents. File police FIRs for it. Also make sure you get people in your panchayat to support you. A few permissions rest in their hands. Then franchisee with major ISPs like Airtel and BSNL. Or/also lease out dark Fiber to Jio.

If you have line of sight and a friend in an area where airtel and others do provide fiber, You can setup a wireless p2p link. It's not cheap, Not as reliable as a proper fiber connection but 1 of the options. 😕||

I don't think any gunda can stop atleast jio in India. Tell everyone around you to register interest in jiofiber via app/site.
Once enough no of request received they'll start laying fiber and Airtel usually follows afterwards.

Last edited: