Pondicherry

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 11,633
awkward. i mean they make it sound like it has the same administration. and yet they are spread across south india. does not make sense.

If you just want to relax, there are many exotic locations in India, but I can't think of any which has a direct flight connectivity. While on this, let me try to upsell my Club Mahindra vacations for a 50% discount on published rates 😀

awkward. i mean they make it sound like it has the same administration. and yet they are spread across south india. does not make sense.

A lot of things don't make sense in this country, we just get along with it 😀 Pondicherry also happens to be the only UT with its own government

right. looks like they are similar to kashmir with their own thing as per the original agreement when they joined india. and yeah. few years ago i was considering a similar vacation in kerala around their famous beaches. turns out reaching them is a pain in the ass too. 😕 would still like to get some ideas. places that can be visited for a 2-3 day vacation. 😀

Well are you going with your friends on a pleasure trip or for trekking into some hard to reach places? If you are planning for trekking , i can suggest you shit load of places all over the country.They are usually not found by road and they are totally out of this world 😀

lol. do i look like the trekking kind. i need more of a place where i can get drunk and have peace. 😀

Hmmm... If you do a bit of reading, a lot if questions will be answered. All these places were with French, and hence never "got" their independence from British in 1947. One thing unique you might find in Pondicherry is that some of the olden day structures will have a different feel, simply because the French had a slightly different style as compared to English for construction.French remains an official language in the districts of Pondicherry itself and Karaikal. It was NOT an optional language, till a decade ago. Not sure now.

About Kerala backwaters... as i mentioned earlier... there is no fast and easy way to reach these places. consider me the lazy type. go to airport. sit in plane. land. one or two hour drive and you have reached your destination 😕

Been to Pune/Lonavala Hill station? Or Khandala? I have not been there - But comes to mind as a spot "near" a big/medium city

Been to Pune/Lonavala Hill station? Or Khandala? I have not been there - But comes to mind as a spot "near" a big/medium city

Was about to suggest the same, including Mahabaleshwar. Good places. Daman and Diu can also be considered.

going to goa is like the bastardization of holiday 😀 have been enough time there to have no will to go there again. crowds. crowds. crowds. locals are not very nice people. treat firangs as gaads and us as junk. 😀

lol. do i look like the trekking kind. i need more of a place where i can get drunk and have peace. 😀

Three letters. G O A.

Never mind, posted late