• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 7,648

thadougamer

King of BSNL 😂
I got banned!
ISP
BSNL Broadband
I have been using Bharat Fiber for about a year now. On Monday, my PON light failed to light up. And the ONT is status is shown as Not registered. I called up BSNL people. They can to my residence on Tuesday. The technician said my ONT was faulty. It's damage due to my placing of the ONT near an inverter. I failed to understand the reasoning behind it as my own new ONT, which I had purchased from Amazon was showing the same issue. They brought their own ONT from their office. When they connected the ONT which they brought with them, the PON light, as if by magic, lights up. So, I was forced to admit that my ONT was faulty and was also forced to by their ONT, which I bought as I had no other option.

Now, today at around 11pm, my PON light has stopped lighting up again. The ONT is not even a week old. Any this time, I kept it far away from the inverter.

Therefore, my request to all members, is to share your ideas/reasons as what could be causing this issue.

Thanking all in anticipation.

Here are the line stats

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200729-220622__01__01.webp
    Screenshot_20200729-220622__01__01.webp
    69.1 KB · Views: 307
Upvote 0
This indicates an issue in the OLT config, the ONT is unable to register and authenticate with the OLT, perhaps the ONT is not whitelisted. This is something the LCO need to fix.

Your signal levels are great.
But how can the OLT configuration cause problem suddenly as it was working fine before with the same configuration. With the same configuration, no PON light with my ONT but with their ONT, PON light is coming. Now, ONT changed twice in 1 week. Whenever they come, the PON light is coming with the ONT which they brought with them. If this continues then, I would have to buy new ONT every week. So, how come the ONT failed to register with the OLT in the middle of the night? What is causing this?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You guys are my only hope to unravel this mystery. Coz there is no line issue and BSNL technicians are totally stumped by the problem, they couldn't figure out what is causing this problem. I don't think my inverter has anything to do with the ONT (BSNL suspected this, atmost it can interfere with the wifi but I can't see any reason how placing an inverter 3 or 4ft away from the ONT could damage the ONT) One thing I would like to add is that I have been using the Syrotech ONT as a modem only in bridge mode with its wifi off and is connected to a Tenda AC1200 router. Further, there is no MAC Binding in my state. Thanks.

Upvote 0
But how can the OLT configuration cause problem suddenly as it was working fine before with the same configuration. With the same configuration, no PON light with my ONT but with their ONT, PON light is coming. Now, ONT changed twice in 1 week. Whenever they come, the PON light is coming with the ONT which they brought with them. If this continues then, I would have to buy new ONT every week. So, how come the ONT failed to register with the OLT in the middle of the night? What is causing this?
LCO might have enforced ONT whitelisting on their OLT, this maybe the reason why the ONT which they bought is working.
If the PON status of your ONT shows Not authenticated, Not registered you need to contact the LCO.

Upvote 0
They had whitelisted it, that is why it was working for a week. How will it get blacklisted suddenly at 11pm?

Upvote 0
Ok,just from experience...
When you need to connect we ONT to OLT,details are taken automatically when they disable whitelisting for the day.
After restart,if they do not whitelist ONT,It will stop working.
Restart are auto-scheduled for night by default.
Ask them to whitelist YOUR ONT.

Upvote 0
@Kick933 You mean, bsnl people rebooted all OLTs daily and whitelist thousands of ONT on daily basis? That would be quite a dialy task. I don't think that's how OLTs work. I could be wrong though. Even if it's true, why other people from the same OLT do not face this problem? I think, once an ONT is whitelisted, it will remain whitelisted until blacklisted by them.

Upvote 0