Poll: What excites you about Reliance #JioFiber?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 2,149

What excites you about Reliance JioFiber?

• Total voters
Thanks...

Zero-latency gaming doesn't exist anywhere except LAN. Jio is trying to trick kids who are playing pubg, so those kids can manipulate their parents to buy them gigafiber.

Instead of this BS CCTV, zero latency gaming, TV, speakers they should have moved 1 step at a time. Primary use of broadband is internet which itself is not properly covered with this shit plans.

Only Noobs will go on with this zero latency gaming propoganda. First they should fix the latency for their own Mumbai server which is 20-30ms and then talk about zero latency gaming.

There is still the possibility of the service going down the drain like Jio 4G. Jio 4G before commercial launch was the fastest internet I had used at that point of time, after it launched it couldn't even beat BSNL 3G in a speed test. Infact BSNL 3G is 2-3 times faster than Jio 4G for me.

Now, I know the technology is different but I have zero confidence on Reliance given their track record.

One way for Jio to disrupt the existing broadband market, if not in pricing, was to introduce plans without FUP. 1Gbps speed is useless with FUP. Frankly speaking, even 50Mbps is sufficient for downloading and streaming upto 4k. What broadband users really need is the removal of FUP Limits so that they can use their broadband without any fear of speed throttling. Atleast we will not need to check our data usage every now and then. So, my vote for this poll is option 1.

Last edited:
There is still the possibility of the service going down the drain like Jio 4G. Jio 4G before commercial launch was the fastest internet I had used at that point of time, after it launched it couldn't even beat BSNL 3G in a speed test. Infact BSNL 3G is 2-3 times faster than Jio 4G for me.

Now, I know the technology is different but I have zero confidence on Reliance given their track record.
How true. Well said, bro.

Maintenance of over head cables will be challenging

I think they are stuck in between they thought it will be a cake walk like 4G but after realising the dominant LCO's they have slowed down.

Riddle me this, Jio gave effectively 1.1 TB FUP every month to its preview customers for FREE but then they decide to start their basic plan at almost 1/10 of that FUP i.e. 100 GB.

How the fuck does this make any sense?