Poll on New packages

• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 7,550
but would u still want to pay more for watching less channels.. i dont know malayalam so why shd i pay for watching malayalam channels, similarly i dont know marathi or bengali so why the extra amt.. i am juat trying to say that they should hav made seperate packages like hindi,english,sports,movies,reigional packages just as they have in the organiser menu so customers can pick wat they wish to see and pay for that.. this will be nice right... Post mails or make mock calls to TS cc will be good.. so i'm making calls on this wat abt u guys..

but would u still want to pay more for watching less channels.. i dont know malayalam so why shd i pay for watching malayalam channels, similarly i dont know marathi or bengali so why the extra amt.. i am juat trying to say that they should hav made seperate packages like hindi,english,sports,movies,reigional packages just as they have in the organiser menu so customers can pick wat they wish to see and pay for that.. this will be nice right... Post mails or make mock calls to TS cc will be good.. so i'm making calls on this wat abt u guys..

TS already said before their final settlement that they dont want to make a subscriber pay for a language which he does not watch. but now why they are not thinking about it now. .........if you people forgot then here is small recap.....

Tata Sky, a 80: 20 joint venture between Tata group and broadcast major Star India, had contended that these packages did not suite the interest of its south-based regional viewers.

"Packages should suit the regional audience. A Tamil viewer should not be forced to pay for Malayalam, Telugu and Kannada channels," counsel appearing for TataSky said.

This was said before they reached final agreement..

TS already said before their final settlement that they dont want to make a subscriber pay for a language which he does not watch. but now why they are not thinking about it now. .........if you people forgot then here is small recap.....

Tata Sky, a 80: 20 joint venture between Tata group and broadcast major Star India, had contended that these packages did not suite the interest of its south-based regional viewers.

"Packages should suit the regional audience. A Tamil viewer should not be forced to pay for Malayalam, Telugu and Kannada channels," counsel appearing for TataSky said.

This was said before they reached final agreement..

Hi jjvj,

That is what Tata Sky argued before the court to get the SUN channels on a pick and choose basis. But as per the out of court settlement TS has to get the full bouquet of SUN channels. That's the reason the not providing channels of a particular language separately. Lets see if the continue to do the same after Dec 1.

-Ravi

Hi jjvj,

That is what Tata Sky argued before the court to get the SUN channels on a pick and choose basis. But as per the out of court settlement TS has to get the full bouquet of SUN channels. That's the reason the not providing channels of a particular language separately. Lets see if the continue to do the same after Dec 1.

-Ravi

They could have waited for few more days as anyhow Sun was nearing its launch and then they would anyhow had to give the channels to tatasky.. what is the use of TS fighting in Tdsat for 2 years and got nothing ..

and why people always think from Dec 1 st we will get lot good chanenls and packages....... it will be reverse.. tatask or dishtv or sun dth will pick the channels which they want and will not give us the whole bouquet. then the DTH will be more like Cable ops.

we might loose few zee channels on tatasky and star channels on dishtv and also many more channels as they will only pick the channels which they want and not the subscriber wants.

They could have waited for few more days as anyhow Sun was nearing its launch and then they would anyhow had to give the channels to Tata Sky.. what is the use of TS fighting in Tdsat for 2 years and got nothing ..

and why people always think from Dec 1 st we will get lot good chanenls and packages....... it will be reverse.. tatask or dishtv or sun dth will pick the channels which they want and will not give us the whole bouquet. then the DTH will be more like Cable ops.

we might loose few zee channels on tatasky and star channels on dishtv and also many more channels as they will only pick the channels which they want and not the subscriber wants.

Hi jjvj,
Tata will definetly get more new customers in south if they have SUN channels in their platform. Instead of fighting it out in the court and spending crores of rupees in the court, it will be a prudent approach to get an out of court settlement and make the best use of the period before SUN launches its DTH. DTH is an high investment business and it takes more time to break even. I guess it is fair enough on TS to hike the prices.

All the while we have been frustrated that SUN channels are not added on TS. But now we say that price is an issue. I looked at the Dish TV forums and people there are irritated that SUN is not there.
I dont think that DishTV will offer SUN free or lesser price.
-Ravi

Hi jjvj,
Tata will definetly get more new customers in south if they have SUN channels in their platform. Instead of fighting it out in the court and spending crores of rupees in the court, it will be a prudent approach to get an out of court settlement and make the best use of the period before SUN launches its DTH. DTH is an high investment business and it takes more time to break even. I guess it is fair enough on TS to hike the prices.

All the while we have been frustrated that SUN channels are not added on TS. But now we say that price is an issue. I looked at the Dish TV forums and people there are irritated that SUN is not there.
I dont think that DishTV will offer SUN free or lesser price.
-Ravi

yes. that is just assumption that TS wil get more sales after the addition of sun channels on Tata Sky.. but mere addition does not make it good.. the price and package should also suit . the fact is that since 3 days here no localy dealer has sold more than 10 boxes after addition of sun channels also b'coz they are waiting for sun dth and also dishtv to add it .

dishtv will add it but will be able to divide it in different packages as their agreement is completely different to tatasky and also they are getting sun channels for some 46rs only.

yes. that is just assumption that TS wil get more sales after the addition of sun channels on Tata Sky.. but mere addition does not make it good.. the price and package should also suit . the fact is that since 3 days here no localy dealer has sold more than 10 boxes after addition of sun channels also b'coz they are waiting for sun dth and also dishtv to add it .

dishtv will add it but will be able to divide it in different packages as their agreement is completely different to tatasky and also they are getting sun channels for some 46rs only.

Getting SUN channels is for the South customers. Most of them dont watch Hindi channels and therefore the "South Value" costing 300 rs/m is the best suited package. With this pack they get all regional channels, sports and other channels. It would be just a speculation on how Dish Tv is going to pack their offerings. Lets wait and see how Dish TV reacts.

-Ravi

Getting SUN channels is for the South customers. Most of them dont watch Hindi channels and therefore the "South Value" costing 300 rs/m is the best suited package. With this pack they get all regional channels, sports and other channels. It would be just a speculation on how Dish Tv is going to pack their offerings. Lets wait and see how Dish TV reacts.

-Ravi

Yes. i expect them not to go above 150rs.. if they go then they are worse than Tata Sky.

There are so many people in Kerala who do understand Hindi and watch Hindi programs and movies (they do not watch movies in other south languages like Kannada & Telugu). They do watch Star Plus, Sony etc. Nobody is going to pay Rs.350/- for South Jumbo package as the channels like Surya and Kiran is easily available through Asianet Digital Cable which is crystal clear

yes why pay more for watching these channels when they are available for less than 100 INR in tamilnadu.. so the package is a flop...

yes why pay more for watching these channels when they are available for less than 100 INR in tamilnadu.. so the package is a flop...

it is not a flop........ Utter flop :hysterical:

I am from Kerala & the channels I want to watch is:Malayalam Channels(Mainly the channels that were already there,don't like the sun ones)Sports ChannelsEnglish Channels(Entertainment & Movies)English News channelsHindi entertainment channels(Music,Sony,Movies)I think most of the malayalis would prefer it this way.Some of them would like the tamil channels maybe and also surya & kiran.For me its not a must.But with 300Rs south pack I won't get BBC entertainment,Hindi Channels & Active sports which I rate more highly than Surya & Kiran.So I am sticking to 300Rs North supersaver pack.The new package,I think,Cater to only the non-hindi watching customers in the south.

Yes. i expect them not to go above 150rs.. if they go then they are worse than Tata Sky.

150 rs. :hysterical::hysterical: .

they ll give "laddu" only for Rs.150 :hysterical::hysterical:

You should understand the fact that Malayalis accept anything, variety means a lot to them. They have accepted Hindi as well and even watch Chinese Movies (you must have seen posters of Chinese Martial Arts movies playing in Kerala, though they do not understand the language). So for Rs.300/- what TS must have done was to include all the South Jumbo package and offered it for a reasonable price. If they fail then SUN DTH or Reliance will capture the entire Kerala Market.