Pockets by ICICI Bank

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 60
  • Views Views 14,730
I think when I add money to Paytm or other wallets, the bank account transaction mentions the name of the vendor 😛 ICICI should do the same. Would find out when I sit down and make statements for previous financial year. Because of the deals and excessive online shopping, it is going to be quite painful to separate 'personal' and 'work' expenses.

Interestingly in the statement it seems to be they have put the 16 digit account number without the digit 4 in the to account..

zq5PuEp.png
MMu8U8h.png

What does this error mean?

I guess the amount has to be filled in the next screen. They want me to enter recharge type. I have no idea what recharge types are there.

00:01:39 1.39.60.246 : it expects me to enter a 1 digit number in that field
00:03:01 Sai : Please enter numerical 1.
00:03:17 1.39.60.246 : OK. always 1?
00:04:01 Sai : For dth always 1.

I had 50 rupees left in the account. Added it to dad's Vodafone postpaid and deleted the app. Next week would apply for account closure.

I think they have read my mind that I plan to go to my local branch and submit account closure form 😀

I started getting calls from their ICICIDirect team 2 days after I shut down my DMAT account. This company is weird.

In related news, my ICICI Savings Bank account is also closed now. I have to go to the local branch to collect a DD of the remaining balance. 😀

I want to know the charges of card if anyone is using.
And
Is there any other good prepaid wallet service?

3. Where can I use this card? Is it valid only on the app?

Pockets wallet comes with a 16 digit VISA pre-paid card which can be used for shopping online across websites in India. You also have the option of getting a specially designed Pockets physical card that can be used at stores/outlets

4. What will I get when I open my Pockets wallet? Will I get a cheque book linked to my Pockets wallet?

The Pockets wallet instantly comes with a virtual prepaid visa card, displayed on your dashboard. You can also request for a Physical prepaid card, which will be sent to your communication address. Cheque book facility is not present for Pockets wallet.

Last edited:
AFAIK no charges... Have used the card 3-4 times to pay BSNL via App & as a normal visa card at 2-3 websites. Recharged mobile a few times during offer period.

It got delivered for free?
What is offer period?

Any other digital wallet with prepaid card?
Any digital wallet where funds can be added by cash?