Pocket (acquired by Mozilla)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 7,714
Can anyone explain how to use this? And how to automate it?

Install the pocket extension in Chrome/Firefox, u can add any links to the pocket extension from browser, it will be accessible from this app in ur mobile

Pocket is not a free service from what I remember. Right? Use Readability. It is quite similar and pretty much free.

Pocket seems free to me. I read articles on Pulse. And honestly I don't see any reason to keep it. Pulse saves the articles for offline reading. Only advantage Pocket has is chrome extensions IMO.

Yepp. Instapaper is not free. It was one of the reasons I shifted to Pocket. Buisness Idea of pocket? Lol..no idea. There seems to be none atm. They used to have a publisher program around an year back but removed it during redesign. Since then it has become totally free.

Righto. I am personally been using Readability mostly because of their ability to reformat web content inside browser. Not sure if Pocket offers that feature too?

Righto. Jetpack recently added Pocket button feature. So, I guess it is quite popular.

Right. It even offers an Import tool for Instapaper users. 😛 Big plus there.
Btw just logged into my Readability account after so long and the only thing is a notice about shutting of Publisher program and the updated TOS. 😕 Saved links, settings, profile all gone. Poof. :O

I am not sure how it's different from SoundGecko.
Soundgecko works well for me, I just noticed that an article that I submitted was not only sent to my email as an audiobook, but it was on drive as well.

Pretty cool.