Plzzzzz Help......problem connecting in LAN

• Thread starter Thread starter roky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2,564

roky

ISP
bsnl
helloi m getting a problem when connected in LAN........actually m using bsnl broadband from my freinds computer.....i have taken connection from my freinds computer via swtich.....it worked for few hours.......bt then suddenly the ""LAN ICON SHOWS LIMITED OR NO CONNECTIVITY""......v have tried all possible solutions........bt the problem is not getting solved............can anybody help wth this???plzzzzzz replyyyyyyyyyyyy

1.Your friend could have switched off his computer/modem !!!2.He has to log in first.3.How do you log in with your userId/PW ?4 Post ipconfig/all data.5. Connect direct to your phone line and try.

the LAN wire is directly connected to my Computer.........& it wrked for few hours wen it ws first connected...........i dnt use my id or password..........& he doesnt turn off his comp or switch......& wt u mean by "Connect direct to your phone line and try."??

Try restarting the router and the switch.might have been a power hiccup causing them so blank out or something..

wt u mean by "Connect direct to your phone line and try
Error regretted. Understand you don't have
your own userID or PW to use BSNL BB.
Suggested to check your LAN setup.

v have tried all possible solutions.....
If his ( your friend's)connection was working OK
at the same time, when you lost connection,
Why connect through the switch.?
The same LAN RJ45 ( from the switch)can be connected
from your friend's modem to your computer and tested.

um, what happened to my earlier post in this thread? :S

LOL thanks, I knew I wasn't losing my mind... 😀

What is the distance between your friends switch and your computer?
Check the TCP/IP settings in your Local Area Connection.
Set it to obtain IP address automatically.
Set DNS servers to OpenDNS | Providing A Safer And Faster Internet

the distance is around 25-30 metres.......does it affecT?
& i hv also tried open DNS ......bt still not wrking

25-30 meters distance is OK.Try to keep the LAN cable as straight as possible. I have observed CAT5 cables when folded decreases or looses connectivity.

hello
i m getting a problem when connected in LAN........

actually m using bsnl broadband from my freinds computer.....i have taken connection from my freinds computer via swtich.....it worked for few hours.......bt then suddenly the ""LAN ICON SHOWS LIMITED OR NO CONNECTIVITY""......v have tried all possible solutions........bt the problem is not getting solved............

can anybody help wth this???

You need to answer a few question for clarification first.

1. Does any of you start the internet connection from a computer (for example from a BSNL Broadband icon)?

2. What is the layout of the network that you have? The telephone line goes in to the modem. What are connections after the modem?

If the answer to Q1 above is yes, then your modem is working in bridge mode. That is *not* recommended if you want to share the connection. Make your modem work in pppoe mode. You do this by entering your BSNL username and password in the modem. That way when you switch ON the modem, your connection is on, and when it is off when you switch off the modem. This the prefered method for connection sharing.

hey............today i suddenly got connected.........dnt knw how!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:thnx everyone for the help....i suppose tht ws bcoz of the slow speed frm bsnlcan it??