plz help : strange ethernet problem :

shankycdelhi

ISP
mtnl
i hv bought a new mobo :xfx nforce 630i/geforce 7100". it supports 10/10/1000 mbps gigabit ethernet(onboard). the problem is that after connecting the lan cable from my mtnl adsl router to my pc ethernet port, it doesnt show any activity.i mean the windows still shows"network cable unplugged"/ local area connection is disconnected".i hv shown my mbo to the vendor in nehru place.when he checks it with his lan connection ,it works fine. I hv instaled ethernet drivers that comes from the xfx.but all in vein.plz help

Try another Ethernet cable.

also (in addition to trying another cable) enable DHCP server in the MTNL router and choose "Obtain IP automatically" in your OS network settings...

If you used the same cable with the ut-300r2u, then obviously it's fine. Only thing left to do is, as vishalrao pointed out, log in to the modem and in the LAN settings, make sure DHCP is enabled and the starting and ending ip's are specified. Or try finding a reset button at the back of the MT-882, keep it pressed for 20 sec or so and go from there.

have you tried the above things? if still facing problems try replacing the router. i assume you are renting it from mtnl. go and replace it from them.