PLZ help! Modem restarts automatically every 3-5 mins

reymysterio7

ISP
BSNL
Hello guyz😉,I have a DNA A211-I Bsnl modem (home 500 plan). Been using dis since february-09. no problems faced.. but since 3-4 days ive been facing dis problem of constant disconnection and rebooting of d modem al of a sudden!.. It doesn switch off.. just the INET light goes off and the DSL light starts blinking slowly again.. I really dont know whats causing this. Of course the bsnl guyz were of NO HELP😡.Plz let me know if i have to provide any more details. As i write this now my SNR upstream is Downstream is 6.7 and upstream is 6.0.. Just few hrs back it was 25 and 33 respectively. attenuation downstream is 40 and upstream is 31.5.Plz help me resolve the problem friendz😛leasehelp:. Thx in advance!

sounds like problem in line. I will suggest to call BSNL customer care.

Hello essbebe,

option 1: CC never respond properly.. and they will ask me to change some settings and restart the modem. It will work fine so i will hav to disconnect. Next time again the cycle repeats. So basically they never register a complaint saying its working fine now. Period.

option 2: Should i download both Software AND Automatic upgrade utility?

option 3: I tried disabling it. But net stopped working.. so i enabled it again.

option 4: Ive tried all the different modes one by one- G.dmt, adsl2, adsl2+.

Right now its in G.dmt mode with glite and t1.413 enabled.

SNR Margin (dB): 4.5 22.0(downstream/upstream)
Attenuation (dB): 22.0 9.0 (downstream/upstream)

I hope i have provided the necessary info. Lookin forward to ur guidance!

----------

And Ravi like i said i did call up BSNL customer care but they are not accepting responsibilty.

----------

Here is link to view my Device info page..

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/5324/modemstatus.jpg

And here is my ADSL stats page..

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/2977/adslstats.jpg

if your SNR is fluctuating so much.. then its mostly an ISP issue , wait for a few more days , it may fix by itself.. does you face any disturbance in tel line?

Yeah der always has been some static noise on the telephone line but it was never a problem till now...

hii was having the same problem as you dothe soln lies only with your JUNIOR ENGINEER(JE) CABLE SECTIONgo to him and explain properly,he only knows what to dothere is problem in the cable,and nothing else

Hello guyz:clap:,I found s cause of d problem n solved it:dance:.. a real freak thing.. i jus followed my tele line cable to d telephone pole outside and found dat d cable was coolly sitting on the electric power transmission cables. So obviously since the voltage differs between a telephone cable and the power cable, there was some sort of fluctuation caused due to the magnetic field caused by the power cable(yes, i've studied bout it😛).. so v changed the positioning of the line cable and voila! problem solved!But d bottomline is, and frequent disconnections of d modem is mainly caused by some problem in d line.. So guyz plz check ur line first, dats wat i've learnt d hard way.. so problem solved! :thumb:Thx for al d suggestions frenz, realy appreciate it!cheers..!:cool2: