Plz help JioFi device sim not usable on another 4g handset

• Thread starter Thread starter Jimtish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 27,025
I got the JioFi 2 device 2 days back .activated today by calling 1977 tele verify on my LeEco Le 2 .

I am only able to call any mobile number on Le 2 .but can not access a website by using the Jio sim supplied with JioFi device. When I visit a website it shows DATA balance exhausted and do a recharge . when I try to recharge it shows you are on JioFi unlimited plan.

2GB is still there intact. Unlimited is by default activated without downloading the 4 apps from MYJIO App.

So What I realise after testing JioFi is

1. It is locked to Jio Sims only.No other network work on it unless device unlocked .

2. JioFi SIM only work on JioFi not on any other 4G mobile phones.

3. We don't need to do anything to activate the unlimited plan on JioFi SIM.

4. You can make call by inserting sim on any 4g Volte phones.

Install Jio4GVoice app on your phone. Perhaps it uses wifi network to make calls. Please share speed test and Screenshots of dashboard

Jim Tish , even i got a jiofi 5 days back.
Can you help me with the activation process, the device shows red light blinking slowly.

The shopkeeper says that i will receive a message on my alternate number which i haven't yet.

Can you please help by telling me how to go about it

I'm getting " you have exhausted your account balance / credit limit" its been 2hrs since i teli verified it.

Ps: getting sms is 100% bullshit. 50% of people are not getting sms

I think, Jio-Fi SIMs can't support data on other 4g handsets, however can make voice calls.
But I don't know why this restriction is there.
I tried to put the SIM in my Oppo A37, which I got along with the Jio dongle 2, worked only for voice but not for data....
Is there any with different experience...?

I tried using the JioFi2 SIM in OP3. Put the SIm in Slot 1 and after a restart, Voice and Data work without any issues.