Plymouth, UK Photos [56k Warning]

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 13,190
i don't know why, but we Indians have a mentality to screw things...like here in Delhi, ppl r even screwing the metro train...they somehow don't like the good things in the life...

Its not entirely about mentality, its about Education. We have more Illiterates in the country who spoil good things.

Literate people would never spoil good things, infact they would want things to improve and also help to improve things but Illiterate people don't like change even if its for good, thats the problem with our country, high percentage of Illiteracy which hamper India's growth in a big way always .....:wall:

i think its coz they dont pay taxes that they dont have respect for public property. if they come under the tax net and realise it's their money, the carelessness might reduce...

Its not entirely about mentality, its about Education. We have more Illiterates in the country who spoil good things.

Literate people would never spoil good things, infact they would want things to improve and also help to improve things but Illiterate people don't like change even if its for good, thats the problem with our country, high percentage of Illiteracy which hamper India's growth in a big way always .....:wall:

i think its coz they dont pay taxes that they dont have respect for public property. if they come under the tax net and realise it's their money, the carelessness might reduce...

agreed, but what about the educated lot???

just for example, in my office (everyone is educated obviously), ppl throw their chewing gums in the men's toilet (the standing one)...what do they think while doing that??? would it just squeeze itself in through those small holes??? and even if it does, would it not go ahead and block some place where it's difficult to unblock??? the problem is that they don't think only...they won't ever do the same at their homes, but as it's an office (as good as public place) they'll happily do it...

this is just one example, and am sure you can figure many like this from the daily walk of life...

I agree Coolbuddy that even educated lot are not all good. My office colleagues also eat those chips and throw empty packets on the corner of the road. If, I tell them not to do such things being educated and professionals, they just laugh at me as if I am a idiot and not they........Most educated people have also mixed up with the illiterate lot, they swear at the illiterates for making india go bad and dirty but ignore their own actions.......😡

Well there is a difference between being educated and being literate..while i agree that most of them are literate..cant say the same thing about them being educated..but whether literate/illiterate educated/uneducated..the average briton (infact w.european) has much better civic sense, is much more cooperative and friendly towards fellow human beings (not just their own race) than an average indian.. yes racism does exist but on the whole their behaviour is much better than what one Indian gets from another Indian..atleast thats my experience..

@ nish lal

Plymouth Gin is not a bar

it is a very old Gin Factory

🙁

@cyberwiz
aye... indians are pretty good to me ...
we are not in the habit of saying 'thank you' , 'welcome' and 'appreciate it'.. like the europeans .. or even americans... thats it, otherwise we guys are ok
so maybe what i mean is that indians are helpful.. but lack the etiquettes
most indians will help you all they can unless the person in question does not hold a govt. office. but on the street you will get more help than you need...

but i remember my trip to south india.. i felt a difference in the attitude... people are less inclined to give you a hand there

no i have not been to europe.. but i base my comments on the general impression i get from what i have heard from people who have been/are there

Some new pics

On way to Bristol (Somwhere btwn Plymouth and Bristol)

Drake Circus Shopping Mall at night, Plymouth