• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 4,144
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chandru C

ISP
BSNL
I purchased a Tata Indicom Plug 2 Surf Whiz including T-sim at Tata Tele Services LTD, 14 Manchester Square, 2nd Floor, Puliakulam Road, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu 641037 on 08.01.2009 for Rs.2350, Tata Indicom No. 9244396127, Account No. 902611268, under unlimited plan 1099, activated on 10.01.2009.I was enticed by the words of a Tata Indicom executive, Mr. Ganesh (Cell No. 09245822188), that they are the No. 1 wireless Internet service providers and they provide high speed data transfer than any others in this business. He even came to my home before purchasing the device to check if it worked in my locality. He checked with a device, which he usually uses to demonstrate to the customers, in my desktop computer and it seemed to work though not well. He said that being daytime it is usual to get low speed because of multiple users, but it may differ during the nighttime.I am a professional medical transcriptionist and I work from home mostly in the nighttime. I purchased this device thinking that it would be useful for me as most of my work depends on Internet connection. The company has clearly mentioned that they provide a bandwidth speed of 153.6 kbps, which should give a download speed of 19.2 KB/s. But, to my surprise the very first day I started using it, I got only a bandwidth speed of about 16-32 kbps, which gave a download speed of about 2-4 KB/s. I was not even able to log in to the software that I use for my work, which requires Internet connection, due to poor connectivity.When I purchased the device, I was told by the executive to contact him for any issues regarding the device or the connectivity, so I called him and informed him of the poor connectivity. He told me that he will inform the concerned person and address it ASAP, but the problem was never addressed. I kept on calling him daily regarding the poor connectivity and got the same answer. After 3-4 days, he finally stopped attending my calls, so I lodged a complaint online in the Tata Indicom Broadband Website regarding the poor connectivity, complaint number 43593. I hoped to get a solution, but didn't get any. I tried using my device in two different localities at various times during the day as well as night to check the connectivity, but still the speed was same and got disconnected frequently. All my attempts to get the device work proved to be in vain. After doing a lot of research online in the consumer forums and hearing from few others' own experiences, I came to know that I have been fooled by the enticing words of the sales executive and false promises of the company. I even visited another Tata Indicom showroom located in Trichy Road to inquire about the details of the device as if I were interested in purchasing a new one, hiding the fact I already own one. An executive there suggested that wireless modems are advisable only for laptops and not for desktops, which Mr. Ganesh didn’t tell me even when he was in my home checking it with my desktop computer. Again, the company has mentioned that the device can be used for desktop PC, a false promise made by the company. Even experts said that it is not advisable for desktop PC.My first month's bill was only Rs.279 as the device was activated on 10.01.2009, the last week of their billing cycle. Their billing cycle was 16th of every month. Due date on my first bill was 05.02.2009. Realizing that I have been cheated, I didn't pay the first month's bill. They disconnected my Internet connection on 06.02.2009 as I didn't pay the bill, but they kept on sending me bills for the subsequent two more months, making up a total of Rs.2434. It was mentioned in the last bill that the services was suspended on 09.03.2009, but I got a call on 06.02.2009 from them and they told that they have deactivated my connection and it will be activated only if I pay the bill amount. I even crosschecked on that day and found it was deactivated. I have just used the device merely 6-7 days and all these times just trying to using it, but didn't actually use it. The amount which I paid for buying the device, Rs.2350, is a total loss for me. Tata Indicom personnel kept on harassing through phone to pay the bill. They started sending recovery agents to my home, who asked me to surrender the device and pay the bill amount. When I asked them will they refund my money if I surrender the device, they told they will not. I don't understand why they are asking me to surrender the device, which I paid for. They didn't give me the device for free. They kept on harassing me through phone and recovery agents using harsh words, which caused mental agony to me and my family. I received notice twice from an agency, A&A Associates, No. 1603 Opp St. Francis School, Trichy Road, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu 641018, dated 14.09.2009 and 08.10.2009 threatening me to pay the bill or they will sue me.Recently, I received a summon from Lok Adalat asking me to appear on 20.11.2009. Tata Tele Services LTD, No.2,3,&4 Thiru Vika Road, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600014, has filed the suit against me.Tata Indicom has made false promises, got my hard earned money, provided poor services, harassed me often and now they are suing me.I hereby humbly request you to help me out with this case, provide justice and help me getting compensation for the loss I have invested in the device and the mental agony I have suffered because of them.Regards,Chandru C

first of all it sud have been u who sud haveput the case in consumer forum for non compliance of services by tata. still dont loose hope put your side in court and then file a https://broadband.forum/images/smilies/urock.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.