Please suggest a suitable LED TV for me..!

• Thread starter Thread starter icycool25
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 4,801

icycool25

Greatest P2P Downloader
ISP
BSNL Broadband 750 UL @ Rs.500 pm
Hi All,
I am looking to purchase a Television Set for myself. So I need a suggestion from you all. I am a bit confused between Samsung and Sony. Though I have a special attention towards Sony, I find the Samsung models to be less pricey when compared to Sony. But then again, Sony has a brand name which everyone is aware of and hence the high price maybe.
I am putting down my requirements/specifications & budget down here :
(1) Type of TV : LED
(2) Size : 29 ''
(3) Full HD
(4) 3D Not Required
(5) Budget : Rs.30,000/- Max
(6) Brand : Sony or Samsung (LG too if its fits the requirements)
It will be great if someone can suggest a good TV for me.
Thanks!

Get Panasonic LED LCD TV or Plasma TV (Need to increase budget). I did see some demo last week, found picture and sound quality of Panasonic televisions the best.

If you happen to be near Delhi, make a visit to gaffar market, you would be Shocked to see the Imported Samsung 32" (xxx4003 model) is available at Rs.19500/- and the seller is selling atleast 40-50 of them everyday,
This includes Warranty and dealer has nice big showroom, its not like he would disappear over-night.
Same televisions are around 30K on local samsung showroom.
So leave the Sony love, and move to Samsung and save the 10K on MRP.
My friend who visited and bought one said there are many shops selling in karol bagh, and they also have ebay shop, so you can check online, however ebay price would be little more due to courier, transit insurance and ebay commission, still would be cheaper than local showroom.

@Sai,
Need to check the official site of Panasonic about the TVs then, though I am not a big fan of them.
@ghpk,
Thank you so much for that detailed information. However, I am from Kolkata and moreover, I do not prefer to buy anything from those dealers since the company deny to provide any support for such products (especially after warranty). We too have similar market here in Kolkata called "Chaandni Market", but somehow I stay away from purchasing anything from them and definitely not from eBay.
I heard that most of the products in eBaby are used products (Correct me if I am wrong).
Still can't decide between Samsung and Sony!! 🙁

When you are buying from ebay, You need to see the sellers rapport as there feedback and its not true that most of the products sold in ebay are used ones. Its just that you need to be bit extra careful.

@Deleted Member 7160,
Thats true. And so eBay is a big NO NO for me !
@chuckynorris,
Your suggestion is cool but the TV is pricey and out of my budget ! 🙁