Please suggest a good GPRS mobile internet plan !

• Thread starter Thread starter icycool25
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 5,178

icycool25

Greatest P2P Downloader
ISP
BSNL Broadband 750 UL @ Rs.500 pm
Hello friends,If you remember a few weeks back I had posted a thread where I had mentioned about a strange issue with Nokia OVI music downloads where the music downloads never actually happened with my PC. Tried from their website, tried with the OVI Player, still no go. However, the music downloads works just fine when I am working from my mobile. So can you guys suggest me a proper GPRS plan which will offer me a generous amount of download since at present the 10p/10kb of Vodafone Live! in my Postpaid Vodafone connection seems to be a bit expensive for me. It doesn't matter if its Postpaid or Prepaid but the pack should be lucrative, irrespective of the operator. Don't suggest Vodafone as their data plans suck !

Airtel - 98 Rs /2GB limit (can be used on phone / PC) , or 99 Rs unlimited (but can be used only on phone)

Aircel - 98 Rs / unlimited

BTW what problem do you have downloading them directly to your PC ? I get full speeds downloading Nokia store songs on my pc

Thank you so much Manu for sharing your feedback. I still face issues in downloading songs from Ovi Store. The downloads begin fine at 55-65 kB/s, but slowly starts dropping until it comes down to some bytes per sec and later the download stops. Tried with Ovi player but it shows 'download failed'. Have tried several times, but no go. This happens only with Ovi downloads and not with any other downloads ! Only when I access the same from my mobile, the downloads work perfectly !

Thats on his PC through a broadband connection & not from his mobile guys !!

the highest technical speed possible is 921.6 kbps in india ,it's dial up after all 🙂

No Pal. GPRS or more like EDGE cannot offer more than a little over 200 kbps practically - so the maximum speed one can get is 25-30 kBps. Which is what most mobile providers in India offer as of now except for BSNL/MTNL who have 3g connectivity.

Moreover the discussion here was to download songs from Nokia OVI music store and initially to the computer & not directly to mobile... But when the user had issues doing so he's posted a query to check if others are able to download from Nokia website. He asked about GPRS plans because he was able to download from his mobile phone.
@manu1991 was just clarifying that he was able to download on computer as well 🙂

@madhusudhan7,Thats what I call a comment of sense ! I had opened this thread as I wanted to know about good GPRS plans since I was able to download songs from my mobile & not from my computer. Anyways...I am happy to inform all that the issue is now resolved & I am able to download songs from my PC as well. Seemed to be a temporary problem. But..Nokia is not sending their free music vouchers anymore ! 🙁 They say that this offer is not existing any more. I hope they bring it back !