[Please Read] Beam's Cables: Are they installed underground?

ISP
Trying to get Beam
I'm trying to get a Beam connection (Yeah, I know the customer service/care is horrible, but it has the best plans from my area, Golconda, which is kinda remote-ish) and they said that they've tried to give connections in my area before, but that the "local" cable guys intervened and told them things like "This is our area, only we give connections to people here," so the Beam guys backed off to avoid any arguments.
I am trying to convince the Beam guys to give the connection in my area after assuring them that I will take care of matters if anyone interferes.But what I want to know is, how does Beam install the fibre cables? Do they lay the wires underground, or what? And could someone damage or sabotage the cables?Also, since there are no other Beam connections close to my house, I will have to get the ONT box installed. How easy would that be to damage, and does Beam take any extra charges for installing it? A guy from Beam once told me that if I paid for six-months in advance, I would get free installation, etc.Please, someone from Hyderabad who knows about Beam, take the time to answer all of my questions.
Thanks.

They give fiber though poles ..not underground ..So yeah they're pretty easy to be damaged by some shitty cable guys (This happened to my area too in the begining) but later a couple of local cable guys shifted to beam themselves.
Also about ONT boxes ...Beam installed a box in my apartments and It pays for the power consumed by it. Also they've offered me two months free internet for convincing my apartment to let them install the box. Box is locked and pretty hard to damage unless its being beaten by a hammer so hooligans would probably just cut the wires instead of minding the box.
Also If you're letting them install ONT box in your premises, Do ask for discount or some other incentive.

Thanks for the reply!
Ok, so if they install the ONT box at my house (I'll be the only Beam user within, like, 400 metres of my house) and if I pay them six-month's cash in advance (Rs. 3,703 for the 4 MBPS plan) - Will they ask for any MORE money for installing the ONT box? Or does their "free installation" cover that too? Because I've been saving up for this... and I don't have more than Rs. 3,800, lol. I'm a student, so yeah. :-/

Actually they should be the one paying you since they're installing ONT box at your premises ..as I said earlier, I got free installation and 2 months internet access free when I got my apartment people to agree to the installation of ONT box.
I honestly think its not a good idea to pay 6 months cash upfront when you don't have any idea of the service they provide you. Also their "free installation" will cover installing the ONT box at your place.
I would say, tell them to install the box and pay monthly for 1~2 months. If you're satisfied, then you can pay cash for half yearly plans.

Cyber-Logic said:
I'm trying to get a Beam connection (Yeah, I know the customer service/care is horrible, but it has the best plans from my area, Golconda, which is kinda remote-ish) and they said that they've tried to give connections in my area before, but that the "local" cable guys intervened and told them things like "This is our area, only we give connections to people here," so the Beam guys backed off to avoid any arguments.
I am trying to convince the Beam guys to give the connection in my area after assuring them that I will take care of matters if anyone interferes.But what I want to know is, how does Beam install the fibre cables? Do they lay the wires underground, or what? And could someone damage or sabotage the cables?Also, since there are no other Beam connections close to my house, I will have to get the ONT box installed. How easy would that be to damage, and does Beam take any extra charges for installing it? A guy from Beam once told me that if I paid for six-months in advance, I would get free installation, etc.Please, someone from Hyderabad who knows about Beam, take the time to answer all of my questions.
Thanks.

Hello,
We are sorry for the problem. Our team will get in touch with you shortly.
Regards,
Beam Fiber

Cyber-Logic said:
Thanks.
Hello,

Thanks for expressing interest in the premium services of Beam Fiber. Beam Fiber is proud of giving maximum coverage in Hyderabad, except for some areas, which are yet to be penetrated and are under discussion for the same.

We have noted down your contact details and shall inform you soon. Meanwhile, do 'Like' our official Facebook page to stay on top of the latest news and updates.

To address your queries on installation charges, as of today's date, a fee of Rs. 550 is applicable for any new connection. However, if you opt for a fixed term package of 6 months/1year/2 years, there will be no installation charges.

Thanks,
Beam Fiber

Dextermorgan said:
They give fiber though poles ..not underground ..So yeah they're pretty easy to be damaged by some shitty cable guys (This happened to my area too in the begining) but later a couple of local cable guys shifted to beam themselves.
Spoke to (who appears to be) the main person in-charge of giving Beam connections today. He told me that the guy who is in-charge of the "Worldlinks broadband" connections in this area had interfered with them before.
He told me that he has no problems in giving me a Beam connection, but he wants to me speak to the guy from Worldlinks first, and get a guarantee that he (or his people) will not interfere and/or sabotage the connections by Beam.

Cyber-Logic said:
Spoke to (who appears to be) the main person in-charge of giving Beam connections today. He told me that the guy who is in-charge of the "Worldlinks broadband" connections in this area had interfered with them before.
He told me that he has no problems in giving me a Beam connection, but he wants to me speak to the guy from Worldlinks first, and get a guarantee that he (or his people) will not interfere and/or sabotage the connections by Beam.
Sad state of affairs in our country with so much unfair competition, i had a similar problem in visakhapatnam with no provider other than BSNL for a long time except the local cable wallah's