Please help poor download speed on unlimited plan.

• Thread starter Thread starter matrix24
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,818

matrix24

ISP
BSNL
I have switched to 900+ (unlimited plan) from 1st Feb 08. I am getting very poor download speed since 30th Jan 08(I had 500 combo plus plan last month). So I am confused that is it due to shifting from 2mbps plan to unlimited plan or due to the brake down of undermarine cables from egypt to india?Please help and guide.😕

its probably because of the cables..i have the UL900+ plan too,although my download speeds are fluctuating between 18-37kb/s,opening web pages has been a real problem.i called up the regional manager,he said that the problem would be fixed by tomorrow..but still to be on the safe side,i guess we'll have to wait for at least another week or so.

it will be another week b4 the problem gets sorted cos it takes around 2 weeks to get the cable fixed but they say its going on a war footing any way still it will be a 1-2 weeks for getting everything fixed...

I am getting 30 KB/Sec in 900 plan that is 256 kbps.u can check ur speed at SPEEDTEST.NETI think BSNL supports maximum of 30 KB/S in 900 plan.confirm with ur regional manager

anyone getting upload speeds above 40kB/s(as opposed to 8-10kB/s) via UL900 plan??...ever since this whole cable incident took place,my upload speed has shot up like anything!!

https://www.speedtest.net