Please give Aircel review for Mumbai circle.

• Thread starter Thread starter sudcamp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 9,269

sudcamp

Hello all,As you all know uninor is no more working in Mumbai circle.I want to go for Aircel, because of its low traffic (Especially A2A).I want to know, what people in Mumbai feel about Aircel service? Thanks in advance.If you know any good starting kit/offer then also please dos share.

Poor network.

Aircel network in mumbai is "okay" in the cities but kind of dodgy if you move through the rural areas. I don't see it any different than any other operator in the city.

Startup kit or FRC(first recharge coupon) options are given on this link

Be sure to recharge your number with rs 1 at the gallery to make it per second plan

How is the data connectivity of Aircel in Mumbai and Pune?
Currently using Tata Docomo but frustrated with the poor gprs. Is Aircel better?
I have also heard that Aircel is cutting operations in many circles. Also they had a tie up with Tata Docomo for network sharing. Anyone knows anything about it? If they are sharing TD network then I get no benefit by switching to Aircel from TD.

^The people who find aircel appealing are those who use heavy internet. My friend who has both a blackberry and samsung note 2 uses a vodefone sim on the BB and an aircel sim on note2. Speeds might be clogged during peak hours but that too depends on regions.
Aircel recharge coupons have started disappearing from mumbai shops. Several distributors here have come to a conclusion that aircel might be closing its shop in mumbai. Some say that aircel doesn't have its own towers; it uses BPL/loop towers.
Lot of rumours flying around but we don't know the facts.

Use Vodafone even if call rates are highest. Their 3G speeds and call quality is the best. They achieve this by secretly installing towers in every residential toilet.

aircel is using shared cell sites.and yes they have covered only prime areas in mumbai.only internet users find it VFM
yes they have less users and less traffic but it nullifies the limited number of cells.
i would insist you think of reliance GSM.