• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 48,827

amish

Star gazer
I got banned!
ISP
MTNL Mumbai BB_600 @12mbps
Airtel STB has USB port for recording the videos and playing it back.

But is it possible to play MP4 or AVI file?

Idea is, I have a DVD but I dont have DVD player. So I intend to convert DVD to MP4, copy it to pendrive and then see on TV via Airtel STB?

I have not tried it as I am not sure if I insert pen drive to airtel STB and it will formatting it immediately.

No it won't play. That is only for recording purposes, and yes it will format the pendrive when you plug it in the stb.

I took a chance but it did not format it.

I dont know if my STB is capable of detecting USB pen drive as I could not find anything related to USB in settings.

My STB is Pace based recorder (i.e. it already has harddisk inside)

What do you mean by already have a hard disk inside? Is it a recorder that you have? Unless you have the recorder STB with inbuilt hard disk you cannot record shows, and for every other STB u need to either call the customer care or login in your Airtel portal and add the recording top up, after that only the usb port would be active on your stb.

Yes I already have recorder.(i.e. with internal harddisk)

But I dont know if my USB port is activated. Because when I inserted USB pen drive (front as well as back side) nothing happened.

Am not sure how to activate the USB port of a recorder STB, but coming back to your original question no matter what you try you cannot play video files from a pen drive on your STB.

Yep. I wish they had enabled that as that would allow users to play videos off pen-drive!