Plans upgraded today (9th Oct 2016) (For Hyd, Bangalore & Chennai)

• Thread starter Thread starter dextermorgan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 13,744
Just checked with cc, all existing customers plans have been upgraded, new customers will pay as per current tariff. Also upgrade to existing customer is permanent as per cc.

I've got 300GB on my ACT Essential plan, up from 250GB.

I can't believe they're making me pay 2999 when they are charging Hyderabad 1999 for the same FUP with double the post FUP speeds.

Last edited:
Since its inception there has been a great difference in SPEED and FUP between HYDERABAD and other states.......Where HYDERABAD users get high volumes and speeds for same price....some say its due to tough competition.....but i say its B.S😡

Atleast they could provide 2mbps as post FUP speeds

My ACT Storm plan went from 60GB to 75GB in Bengaluru.

Not sure if the speeds changed from the earlier 30Mbps but then that hardly matters if its 30Mbps or 50Mbps.

Since its inception there has been a great difference in SPEED and FUP between HYDERABAD and other states.......Where HYDERABAD users get high volumes and speeds for same price....some say its due to tough competition.....but i say its B.S😡

Atleast they could provide 2mbps as post FUP speeds
The difference was never this large with the SOHO plans so I could stomach it.

Now it's just a kick in the gut, especially since ACT is a Bangalore company.

They are doing this because of reliance jio effect,if reliance comes up with cheap fiber to home plans then you can expect more better packages

and yeah bangalore users tend to end up paying bit more than other southern cities be it internet or movie tickets or food

My ACT Storm plan went from 60GB to 75GB in Bengaluru.

Not sure if the speeds changed from the earlier 30Mbps but then that hardly matters if its 30Mbps or 50Mbps.
You will notice difference when you download large files ,I was able to download at 50mbps ,as my plan is upgraded to 75mbps I am yet to see files downloaded at that speed ,I took this.plan for more data rather than speed ,I would still be happy with 50 Mbps and data cap of 200gb GB rather than 75 GB with data cap of 100gb

Act rapid 899 plan in bangalore was offering 10mbps/30gb
After the upgrade for old customers now its 20mbps/40gb
Upload speeds reach 20mbps one shot but download speed struggles to reach 20 sometimes stuck at 17-18mbps thru speed test

Ping is around 4ms

FUP increased from 200 GB to 250 GB at Chennai. Still not enough for me. My current usage is slightly north of 400 GB after cutting the DTH "cord".

FUP increased from 200 GB to 250 GB at Chennai. Still not enough for me. My current usage is slightly north of 400 GB after cutting the DTH "cord".

My usage is similar to yours. I'm trying to choose between Airtel and ACT for a new connection in Adyar. What do you do once you cross your FUP? Is there an option to buy more data? What is the post-fup speed? How long does it take for the speed to go down once you cross the limit? I'm asking cos I can download a lot at 100 mbps at the end of the month if it takes a while for the speed to go down. I mostly download from my personal server (http/ftp). Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Once you cross fup, you can buy additional data on pro rata basis. They have that option in portal page to buy more data.

Speeds goes down the instant you cross your fup. You can definitely feel the difference once speed goes down. Also they send you sms informing you the same

My Plan went from 60 MBPS/100GB FUP to 75 MBPS 125 GB. I am in Chennai. I had switched from Airtel to ACT 20 days back only.