Planning to take bsnl airfiber franchise

• Thread starter Thread starter vra
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 7,562
@vra Contact them and find out where their point of presence is. Most likely it's an OSP cable going to one of such points of presence... Don't get your hopes up, maybe it's a long distance fiber line and they won't have a POP within your vicinity. If they do within a 10km radius, you've won a lottery ticket.

Cut the fibre line. Somebody will come. Ask them.
😂😂
One of my friend told me that they recently did splicing nearby, they said it's belongs to cable network it seems

You must confirm it's internet or not. Nearby DEN cable has shifted to fibre line because of heavy demand in TV lines and now they are providing jio set top box and not internet

Looks like it is just TV as of now and providing Some DTH boxes. Local cable operator is distant relative. Is there something I can do using this ?

Jio small tower is your nearest ally I guess. Small tower installation happens in 4 days unlike big ones that take 1 month.
If it was jiofibre, they could have at least provided outdoor small cell unit produces by Samsung.

I have filled partner with jio form more than 20 times, no response from those folks. That cable doesn't look like jio one. Jio OSP lines are under ground. they have Jio tower in 7km range but I don't get signal at my place. We jave Jio osp lines in my village as well

Is there something I can do using this ?
Point to Point link using a pair of Ubiquiti 30dBi parabolic or dish antennae from BSNL's tower 5kms away. Then an OLT set up at the distant relatives source, that uses this point to point link as upstream WAN.

You can piggyback internet through your distant relatives PON network. He already has an EDFA for his fiber TV network. So you just need an OLT to use the same fiber for internet.

@vra hey I guess you need to see this.
This is of a nearby village.

For starters, the local, district, state, center is run by the same political party.
So I don't know who did this. Maybe that's the reason they got this scheme so easily. The scheme was announced 6 months ago.

Sorry for late reply, I have submitted enquiry form for PM-WANI as well, couple of vendors called me they said they sell infra but not actual internet to village. 🙁