Planning to take bsnl airfiber franchise

• Thread starter Thread starter vra
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 7,552
A OLT device , some Network Switches and a Uninterrupted Power supply....Also you should lay Fiber upto the BSNL point
Then Distribution boxes and SFP port modules. It will actually come out price wise same as the Wireless thing if not cheaper and performance will be solid

You will also need a splicing machine.

My home is 5km away from tower, looks cost reaches around 1L. And I am not sure people will take connections

So there is no cheap way to get internet to rural places, I have seen it in different that guy just have power beam/airgrid and serving more than 40 customers. I want to do something similar

See if you really want to go with the wireless option, considering the range of products available in India is quite narrow, MicroTik products are a decent option. Not too expensive and will give you reliable performance as far as wireless goes. Like mentioned before, Ubiquiti is the preferred one, even by BSNL for their Air Fibre project.

As far as not making a profit goes, you cannot resell a single connection to multiple different houses. I think you have misunderstood how/what Air Fiber Franchisee means. Franchisee means you install the equipment: wireless, fiber, copper, etc and it’s your responsibility to maintain it. You invite customers to come forward and take BSNL’s connection via your internet distribution network. BSNL creates new PPPoE login credentials for each customer which is linked to their Customer Acquisition Forms.

Those customers pay the full rate for Internet to BSNL, from which BSNL shares a percentage with you. If you roll out all of the equipment yourself, then that can be upto 50% revenue from each customer. If BSNL provides some equipment, like power, OFC, then the revenue share goes down to 20-30%.

It is illegal to take a single connection and share it to multiple households. ISPs are required to maintain IP logs/DNS logs linked to PPPoE sessions for legal reasons. Also to operate as an ISP, you need an ASN and also a registration as per the Postal and Telegraph Act. So please do a thorough study on if you will obtain paying customers or not, and then proceed.

I am not doing ISP sharing, I am in touch with local BSNL JTO they want their network to be present in my area and I also I want to make one network available for people here. When I mean not making profits I should be able to run network with whatever commission I get. I am going to feed money back to network quality. Yes BSNL offering 30% revenue share model

Okay so find out if you can justify cost of around ₹30k. In my opinion you’ll need at least 16 customers who will keep the connection for a year to break even... Do keep in mind BSNL expects you to be able to give around 30Mbps. With even the cheapest sector antenna, at around 5kms, you’ll get mostly in the range of 60-70Mbps in best weather conditions. As 16 customers are added on, peak time rates can dip to as low as 10-20Mbps.

I don't know but I feel just setting up a new phone tower will be more intelligent approach. VI recently set up towers only for 150 students on a fast track basis. It is better in the long run also as there is no maintenance of wires.
You can contact your minister in charge whosever concerned and ask them to help and they can get a clearance at least on BSNL.

Having a mobile tower is great approach but I don't have any contact to get tower. I am ready to provide land for installing tower. Anyway do you have any contacts to reach out VI for tower installation

Once upon a time I actually contacted BSNL for network problems and a letter was sent from regional head office. Most of the work is related to clearance and comes under ministers (at that time, now I don't know).
Land should however meet minimum req like away from school, hospitals, populated area, electricity connection etc.
Tower company and network company are rarely the same at times. So you should know who you need to go to. Say BSNL which owns both tower and network provided or RJio which owns half of it etc. The tower becomes useless and there is a lot of legal troubles to remove it even if it is non functional. So beware.

Update: today i verified all the wires going through my village guess what , one of them is citi cable network fiber line. Now I am confused when they have fiber, what can I do now?