Planning to switch to Tata Indicom (Mumbai)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjaythegr8

Sanjay
ISP
MTNL (590NU)
hi guys,Currently im using MTNL Triband Nigh Unlimited (Ard. 650 bucks monthly getting 200kbps + dnld speed) However tata is running a special promo / scheme in my bldg, wherebyNo installation charges / deposit / modem charges. (Promo ending on 25 March so pls. reply fast)Foll. are the plans offered😀S 206 128 Unltd. for 399 bucksDS 90 256 Unltd. for 700 bucksor DS 77 256 for 399 bucks ( 8pm to 8am unltd)Should i leave MTNL n switch to TATA?Do they block torrents?

I'd suggest you to stick with MTNL. According to what I have seen / heard till date, MTNL is much better than TATA Indicom.

Hi,
The Exact same thing happened with me.There are a few things u'll have to know.This is Tata ADSL (provided by TTML..google it) and not Tata Indicom.So unlike tata indicom, u wint have to login using the broadband page. Also, all the tata reviews u must have read are for tata indicom, so they dont apply to u.

Regarding the connection, i am on "DS 90" i.e 256 kbps UL. Their service has been great till now.There has not been a single disconnection in 3 months.However let me warn you that u';ll NEVER get the promissed 256 kbps speed..NEVER! It will ALWAYS be a constant 180-190 kbps (i.e download speed of 23.5 kBps )

That being said let me tell u that i am more than happy with this connection as it never disconnects, gives a Very constant speed and gives moderately good pings.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

and no, torrents are not blocked.nothing is blocked. torrents give around 21 kBps.

@pa1pa1 -got the same plan, "DS 90"i hve only one word to say "PATHETIC".The Salesperson promised me a speed of 30-35 kbps however i was hardly getting 14 kbps (peak hours it went down to 8-9 kbps). Suddenly it went off after 2 days, didnt receive any support from them. So i asked them to take the router back which they did today. I guess they just wanted to show no. of connections (year ending)Right now i m happy with MTNL NU

dont dude never switch 2 tata broadband and never wimax, iam a sufferer frm delhi boo boo

Status
Not open for further replies.