Planning to switch to Excitel Fiber in Prayagraj

• Thread starter Thread starter Abhi12
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3,978
ISP
Timbl,
Airtel xtreme Fiber
I am currently using Timbl fiber but the service of the company is very poor and the 500 gb fup is also extremely less for me. My Lco told me that he is switching to excitel in a few weeks. How is the service of excitel? Downtimes (frequency and lengths) and overall experience of using Excitel. BTW excitel is new to my city and has just started to provide connections through LCO's.

If your lco is good... Excitel would be fine 😁

It depends heavily on your LCO experience and responsiveness.
Get fiber connection, not ethernet. Hopefully all new connections are fiber.

My LCO is pretty decent, but i have heard that there was some issues with excitel in my city. Confused should i wait for it or go with Airtel Xstream fiber, they will start to give connections starting next month in my locality.

@Abhi12 Has the excitel started yet ? And which Pincode u belong to ?

My lco told me that there were some issues with Excitel so he is not going to provide excitel for now. I am going to switch to Airtel Xtreme Fiber as they have started to give unlimited plans without the 299 voucher. A friend of mine got Excitel but he told me that there were some ping issues with Excitel as well so he had it disconnected. I live in Rajrooppur(211011)

Is ur LCO Maya Cable ? I belong to the same place as well
Well in ur area JIO fiber is also available ! I have seen the fiber boxes around !
About airtel - website still shows 150 gb @799+ gst !
Where did u get the info that its been unlimited ?

No, my lco is Sky Vision, and unfortunately Jio is not available in my apartment, though the box is visible from my flat, its no more than 100mtrs away. Thats why i am switching to Airtel, i cant use Timbl anymore. I had a talk with the Airtel guy who called me regarding connection, he told me that the plans have changed just two days ago and are now unlimited. Some other airtel users on the airtel thread also mentioned this. The airtel guy told me that when i apply for my connection it will show unlimited on my airtel portal.

Yes timbl is the most unprofessional , bogus ,fraud company.
Siti broadband is also available in ur apartment.If somehow airtel doesn't work , u could go for it as well.
(Siti is the cheapest however service is avg )

My Lco was also telling me that he is switching to Siti this month, but between siti and Airtel, ill choose Airtel any day. BTW where do you live?I have also just booked Airtel 100 mbps connection.

I would recommend Excitel if you have good equation with your LCO...
Does excitel suffer from congestion issue or peak hours problem ?
I have been with 3 isps (LCO based ) . They couldn't provide mentioned speed as per plan during peak time ! I used to get speed 10% of what mentioned in plan !
After midnight however it was perfect ! UL and DL as per plan !
Does excitel also suffer from this issue ?

My Lco was also telling me that he is switching to Siti this month, but between siti and Airtel, ill choose Airtel any day. BTW where do you live?I have also just booked Airtel 100 mbps connection.
Same area as urs !

Last edited:
Does excitel suffer from congestion issue or peak hours problem ?
I have been with 3 isps (LCO based ) . They couldn't provide mentioned speed as per plan during peak time ! I used to get speed 10% of what mentioned in plan !
After midnight however it was perfect ! UL and DL as per plan !
Does excitel also suffer from this issue ?
I think your LCO might be taking in more connections than his servers can handle.