Planning On Getting Tatatatata Sky... Is It Any Good?

• Thread starter Thread starter NeoeN
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 4,036

NeoeN

Hiya,Yep like the title i was readin up on Tata Sky, seems like a decent lil thing, thats how all of em seem when we wanna get it. But once you have it, ohhhh boy, the list of complaints is never ending. So is it the same for tata sky? Any suggestions based on your experience? And one more thing. Will they implement sat-broadband with tata sky? I sent them a mail, but no reply. Any 1 else inquired them about this, what is their stand on that matter?Regards,NeoeN

No implementation of broadband on any dth service in near future.... for feedback on Tata Sky and Dishtv go through the forum....There r many topics linked to this....

Broadband over satellite is no good anyway. For upload they have dial-up connection I heard so you can forget about online gaming or using bittorrent. And it is very expensive even in developed markets.

CAS rolled in Jan 1 in our area ....now I can't see anything....CRAP ! ...so just thought on getting Tata Sky saw their demonstration yesterday ...looked good ...also heard some complains that ....transmission isn't good during rainy season ...now the local cable guy is behind my back ....to take set top box from him.But ..I think TATA SKY is a good options ..(even cheap)....the cable guy wants Rs 5 per channel ...any feedback from you guys...It will help me ...

O.O no gamin and no download with Sat ? Are you sure? Coz my friends on sat with 10 MB down and 512 KB UPstream. Ill get the details from him and post it back here. Give me a day, max.Yep during rainy days cant get picture, heard that a lot. I dont care about sun since all they show are a few good movies and a hell load of crap, about how a women gets betrayed over and over and over again and how she fights back and blah blah blah. Im wooting for TATA coz they are actually streamin in HD content, and once i bring down my Samsung 1080p (yes im a show off and am really proud of my SAMSUNG SAMSUNG SAMSUNG) it would be worth it. As for dish tv read in wiki that they only claim its HD, but in real fact its just cable quality ntsc (? not sure) with boosted signal's.

@Sushubh WIKI WIKI WIKI WIKI. It was there about Tata Sky and dishtv. read them up when i came here. thats why i needed some input on them aswell, based on tata sky hdtv users. But i can say that dishtv was being trash talked while tata was given a good opinion by the reviewer....Regards,NeoeN

imho, dishtv is better than Tata Sky...both in terms of channels and pricing...just visit their site and u'd know...now, don't ask me the link to their sites...just google it 😀the only good thing about tatasky is that they're offering their services for free for 6 months if registered before the 10th jan...

umm someone just told me to setup a wiki?let me check with server guys if they can let me run php 4 and 5 together 😀

LOL,Yea buddy i saw but that was like in nov, i prefered tata's all for one price compared to the package-oriented offered by Dish. But then again i might be outdated, gonna check em out later, now its time to watch appo-watever. Thanks ya =)Regards,NeoeN

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Jan 8 2007, 07:48 PM) [snapback]73937[/snapback]
whats the initial costing for the set top box?[/b]

Cost around 2800 bucks ...but there are some installment schemes ..45/mo and 35 /mo .....something like that
SKY costs 2770 initially and 6 mts free subscription .... and then its roughly 10 bucks per day