Planned Obsolescence

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 8,096
i can give points to build quality alone @akash and admin, and nothing except that , i also had an Acer from usa it was good but only in quality in terms of build and its parts never had an issue in 2.5 years but that was made for USA if u know what i mean,(just died on me because i was stupid enough to buy a local charger for it) now my HP has gone to service center 6 times already in 2 years and i doubt, in indian conditions and laptops made for india even if they are expenseive would they be that good??? i have my doubts :shut-mouth:, btw forgot to mention at that price Dell also giving accidental damage coverage.

^^ so you mean that having drivers available effortlessely for win XP, Vista and 7 doesnt have any value?

Everyone has their own views on that..

I personally prefer a laptop which would survive if I dropped it from the bed (happened twice), spill water on it (happened once) , get drenched in the rain (cant even count how many times).

I also want to be able to upgrade the RAM/HDD/ODD and want a decent keyboard and a screen which isnt a mirror.

Other than gaming even a 3 yr old laptop can do everything without lags
take Dell , its giving accidental damage cover at no extra cost, throw it from a buiding they will repair it or give new(not sure)depending upon its condition.:grin:

take Dell , its giving accidental damage cover at no extra cost, throw it from a buiding they will repair it or give new(not sure)depending upon its condition.:grin:

Which dell has a more than 1 yr guarantee by default (other than the enterprise series)?

^^ so you mean that having drivers available effortlessely for win XP, Vista and 7 doesnt have any value?

since when driver vailabilty has become valuable i donno, my HP i bought at 36k , hp gives all drivers online all os, without any issues.

i have never seen Dell giving accidental insurance by default. it is always an extra charge. and i do not think it would still include theft.

----------

since when driver vailabilty has become valuable i donno, my HP i bought at 36k , hp gives all drivers online all os, without any issues.

try buying a laptop without Windows OS bundled with it. it would be a pain to locate all the relevant drivers. i am not saying it is a feature. but i have seen cases where these companies ship Windows-less machines with some obscure hardware that is very hard to get working on Windows XP.

Which Dell has a more than 1 yr guarantee by default (other than the enterprise series)?

but u can extend warranty anytime after purchase(soon enough) its not like they are not charging ppl for 3 years warranty for models having 3 years warranty by default.its in the cost for sure.

----------

@operamaniac i bought it last sunday with accidental cover at 30500( all inclusive)+1000 for some stuff.

what i am saying is that what you got was probably a special offer or a deal they might be running. i am pretty sure Dell does not include accidental cover by default on all their consumer laptops.

i will always buy pre installed DOS laptop lol, i dont want OEM crap with trial softs. BTW buying additional warranty is good, i will prefer 3yr on a laptop 🙂

^^they have started now, they call it cc, ie complete cover.

----------

and yes it was dos based at that price with windows 7 installed buy shopkeeper at no extra cost.u know what kind of windows is that. i am using it for more than a year without any issues and with all updates released, till yesterday.:beauty:

----------

also i would say that since windows 7 , the driver scenario has changed dramatically, no need of extra drivers mostly , and i think it is the future itself in most coming os"s.

I extended the warranty (for 2 more years) of my HP laptop after 1 year. For 6k. The guy said he knows loop holes in the system!! (infact later on i found other guy who was willing to extend the same for 4.5k)So u can extend the warranty even after 1yr. So its not necessary to extend the warranty in 3 months of purchase. I verified the warranty on HP website.