Plan upgraded from 949 to 999 but speed remains the same

• Thread starter Thread starter sujeet2555
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 5,486
So you are saying that till now you are using your setup like ONU(router mode)->router-> PC
obviously, your PC will show 1000Mbps link speed in this setup as you are connected to the GbE port of your router and the bottleneck is the link from ONU to the router which is limiting bandwidth to 100Mbps.
If there are two ports on the ONU then most likely port 2 is the GbE port. Connect your PC to port 2 and check the link speed.

i was using in bridged mode till now but for just checking i used route mode to exclude the router as BSNL was telling me that your router is bad ,replace it.
Ohh i see it now ,looks like ONU does not support the speeds. Why the hell they sell me this shit ?

Ethernet Port Status
PortStatusReceive (RX)Transmit (TX)
ModeSpeedLinkBytesPacketsBytesPackets
1Half-duplex10 Mbit/sDown826043463114772218388050121530583
2Full-duplex100 Mbit/sUp207474341211617259884695232982

BTW i have a TP-Link Gigabit GPON router but it did not got connected since the vendor said the network is EPON .Can i make it work or do i have change the ONU ?

Last edited:
Nah! your TP-Link is most probably GPON only it will not support EPON.
Better buy XPON ONT which supports both E-GPON. You can get it for 2k from the local market. The online prices little high.
But before buying any ONT confirm with the vendor that the brand will work with their OLT, sometimes ONT has compatibility issues with OLT.

i have arranged a DBC onu which is a xpon with Gbe. i am getting 1000 Mbps link speed with onu but still speed is not going above 100 Mbps.

Service NameService TypeTotal Used Data
(as on date)
Current Day Total Usage

1HS-H-UPG-150MB-2000G-10MB-GPON-MBase308.08 GB3.27 GB

DBC VG-011
ModelHGX-1000B-BC
Serial Number-
Hardware VersionV2.8S

EPON StateRegistered and certified
OAM_LinkEstablished
Optical Module Input Power(dBm)-17.0
Optical Module Output Power(dBm)2.3
Optical Module Supply Voltage(uV)3401000
Optical Transmitter Bias Current(uA)16100
Operating Temperature of the Optical Module(°C)39

@ka2107
Novavision FP2061A Xpon and i am currently using DBC one.

I already said that about DBC one
Ethernet PortLAN1
StatusUp/1000Mbps/Full Duplex
Still under 100 Mbps. I will call again to BSNL and vendor for this.

Update: Still not resolved. Now they are just ignoring the calls. i have lodged a grievance to pgportal. Let's see if that help otherwise i am thinking to switch to airtel which is giving 200 Mbps at 999. Is the airtel service good ?

i updating you that it is still unresolved even after 2months have been elapsed . i want to leave BSNL but i am waiting because of the OTT service that they are giving .Airtel has Amazon prime only.
i had lodged a grievance to the PGportal and after 2 weeks i got the messaged that case has been closed with letter from DGM of BSNL stating that the problem has been fixed but its not.
i again lodged the grievance to the appellate. i don't think BSNL has the capacity to resolve this problem.

Check the Airtel website, the provide a lot more now with 999 and extra dth with 1099, if you are into that.