Plan upgraded from 949 to 999 but speed remains the same

• Thread starter Thread starter sujeet2555
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 5,473
@Lolita_Magnum
i am already thinking switching to airtel .does airtel fiber and airtel black are different or have the same plan (with difference only in prepaid and postpaid)

They both price and content wise are the same, if you are looking for BB+DTH.

Black seems to have an installation charge with first month free, while in the normal one by paying for 3 months or more in advance, removes any installation charge but you don't get free month.

I'm on a non Black Postpaid Plan. And you don't have an option to choose be Postpaid or Prepaid, if your area is directly served by Airtel, you get a Postpaid connection and if it is under an LCO, you'll get prepaid.

According to a lot on this forum, under LCO the quality of connection and after services is not on par compared to people having direct connection from Airtel. but this also depends from LCO to LCO.

@Lolita_Magnum
i have already a airtel connection in my home not mine. The installation guys were in airtel uniform ,so what were they ;from airtel directly or from LCO .i thought that they were from airtel.

Just check the Airtel thanks app of the person who has the connection, or you can just ask the person when you apply for a connection.

Update on BSNL ,i complaint everywhere till now and after 3 month a person from NIB visited and checked the speeds and also person from NIB checked my speed from their end with anydesk connected still my speed does not go beyond 100 mbps .They said there is some restriction in the network which is capping the speed. i have shown to them that i am using a ONU with gigabit port ,using a CAT6 cord on my gigabit ethernet port on PC. I am not able to figure out nor BSNL is ,what is the problem ?

Probably their OLT configuration is messed up...

UPDATE :
they now saying that your connection is being moved from MSO OLT to BSNL OLT which could take months as they need to sign some agreement with the MSO.

@Lolita_Magnum

Do suggest is it be better to airtel . airtel does not clearly state the details of their plan and installation fee etc. is their router come with no cost ? is jiofiber any better ? their 999 plan looks good on paper more OTT than airtel.

WIth airtel, you need to pay for a minimum of 3 months (not eligible for the 499 plan), in order to have 0 installation and deposit charges. The same goes for JioFiber, but there is no minimum plan baseline in it.
Airtel does not offer their Xstream Box and you need to pay an additional 2200(non-refundable) for it, regardless of any plan you choose. This is optional tho, if you have a firestick or any other Android TV app, the XStream app displays very minimum OTT options. On JioFiber it comes free and is surprisingly pretty good, though limited to 1080p only on Netflix and PrimeVideo, etc even on a 4K TV.
Internet quality-wise, I'd say they are mostly similar though if you have multiple very heavy users, then airtel would be the way to go purely since it has better-loaded latencies.
Other than that it boils down to, whether you'd have 200Mbps for 999 or 150.

Internet Uptime or Resolution, JioFiber is a lot better in this regard but that'd boil down to Location to Location.
JioFiber maintains its Fiber Lines/DP Boxes on its own, while Airtel leases it to a separate company for the job.

i have a coupon from Paytm that says "free installation & wifi router at no extra cost (applicable on 699 ,1099 & 1599 plan ). it does not say about 3 months prepaid. also i don't require Xstream box. i am happy with tata play.

BTW my brother has the airtel and i have BSNL .is it will be better to take a higher plan on a single router or two router with lesser plan ? Not in terms of cost but in terms of speed and usage. My brother use is ; online meeting & OTT while mine is downloading & gaming mainly. is there will be any speed issue with either of us if we jointly take the connection.

A single connection for 2 users is enough, 5Ghz is good enough that it can do easily up to 20-30 users simultaneously. tbh, even 40Mbps would be good enough for the use case you mentioned, but getting 100 would give you a nice headroom.