Plan Migration

• Thread starter Thread starter willdavidson
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3,917

willdavidson

Hi Friends,I'm currently using an Airtel 128 kbps Unlimited plan. I have noticed many people on this forum talk about double speeds at night. i.e., 12-14 kBps during day and 20-22 kBps during night. How do you folks get such speeds - have you opted for a nightly top-up plan or are you getting it for the normal 699+taxes plan itself?Also, i'm considering migrating to a faster unlimited plan. What to you suggest? Shall i go in for the 256 kbps Unlimited plan - can someone tell me how much exactly it would cost per month? And are there any other better alternatives? Thanks!Cheers,William.

So far as i know people in the North get double speeds at night for free. In other places it can be opted for at an additional price.The 256 Unlimited one costs Rs. 999 + Tax. As to alternatives as far as unlimited goes there aren't any that are better than Airtel.

It was just something they offered for free... as in they sent a letter saying that now we will give you double speeds at night for free.

Thanks all!It would be nice to have a 256K unlimited connection, but since it's going to be Rs.999 + taxes(which will again run to nearly Rs.100 or so), i don't think i can afford another 300-odd bucks now. 🙁 Hmm... looks like i (and some of us here) will have to live with 12K downloads for a longer period of time! 🙁 Just wondering aloud, the local cable operator in my area spoke of a cable internet facility quite some time ago, and i'm not sure if anyone (anyone at all) in my area opted for it, but will cable internet offer better download speeds for the amount i/we pay now (Rs.780-odd for 128K)? Any ideas abt. this, anyone? 🤔

William,why not pay Rs.99 and top up your connection to 256 kbps speedat night? That way you get to download at 256 kbps for 11 hours with just Rs.100extra instead of the Rs.300 extra for 256 kbps unlimited.

Best plan for you is 256 KBPS topup.
Reason.

1. 9.00 p.m. - 8.00 am Free
2. unlimited GB in free hours
3. Speed Double after 11.00 p.m.
4. Free 10 Hours Day time.

Total Cost + (10.2% Tax) = 545 /-
I am getting day - 35 - 40 KBPS
Night - 60 - 63 KBPS (STABLE)

Lucky's Net: Is there plan you are referring to called 'Value 499'? 256K connection at 400 MB per day & unlimited at night? Charged as Rs.499+taxes?

Where does the 'Double Speed at Night' in this plan come from, Lucky? i don't understand...R u referring to the free offer available for North Indian subscribers, as people here mentioned? I currently live in Chennai, and there doesn't seem to be any such offer here..I am having a hard time in understanding why the tariff seems to be different for every city and especially for North/South... what kind of marketing gimmick is this? Does Airtel think Chennai/South users can afford to pay more or they dont deserve 'Double at Nite' offers or that they can go without higher bandwidth?

mystery_inc18: I didn't get ur last post - "arent we already getting 256kbps unltd for 8 hrs ???" I'm under 128K Unlimited (699+tax=780) connection currently. Were u referring to the free double bandwidth offer for users in the North?

noname: The Rs.99 for 'Double Bandwidth at Night' doesn't seem to be available in Chennai!

Can anyone please tell me which of the plans that we have discussed are available in Chennai, friends?? Different sources in the Net quote different rates. Someone said Rs.50 'Double Bandwidth at Nite' is available in South India. What Lucky suggests seems to be a good plan, but what i dont understand is that Airtel says Night means '11 pm to 8 am' = 9 hours | as opposed to '9 pm to 8 am' = 11 hours like Lucky said!!

yup i was, i was not aware that airtel has diff schemes at ur place also i din know that u were in chennai 🙂 🙂

Dear Williams,

I too live in Chennai, recently Airtel came up with a new plan called Power 699 plus
which has a 512 connect speed, it has free day usage of 1 GB,
this can be top-up for Rs.99 for free downloads from 9pm to 8 am.
I use to download at 60.KBs constantly, . for latest tariff card download
the link

http://airtelbroadband.in/

Dear uba687,Thanks for your post. I shall check out that plan. I want to ask you something : are you able to monitor if you're downloading within the 1 GB cap during day? In other words, how much do you finally pay per month for Broadband? "699+99(modem rent)+99(top-up for unlimited night)+taxes" or do you pay more for the extra GBs that you download (if you do so)? I t would be good to know from someone using this plan how Airtel charges for those extra MBs & GBs - as in, i know it's around 1.4 rupees per MB or so, but generally, how much does one finally end up paying if someone downloads most of the day? Anyone who has used this plan, pls. tell us your experiences.

i dont understand is that Airtel says Night means '11 pm to 8 am' = 9 hours | as opposed to '9 pm to 8 am' = 11 hours like Lucky said!!It means 9.00 - 11.00 p.m. (SPEED IS 35 - 40 KBPS + FREE TIME START) 11.00 - 8.00 A.M. (SPEED IS 60 - 63 KBPS + DO )

Lucky, i'm sorry i still dont get you completely. Let's try this my way:According to your post about that plan, am i right in understanding:1) The 'Free' time - '9 pm to 8 am' - means there's no cap on the 'download limit'.2) The actual 'double speed' starts from 11 pm to 8 am.If i'm right, how do you say you get the 'double speed'? R u again referring to the 'Free Offer for North Indian customers' and so you get it within the Rs.545/- that you said it costs or do you pay extra for that 'double speed'?Another way of putting it: R u getting 30-35 KBps during day for this plan & 60KBps during night for the Rs.545/- alone?