• Thread starter Thread starter spidy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3,547

spidy

ISP
BSNL
I have BSNL Plan Home 500.
As per speed test.net i have 250 download and 35 upload speed.
Due to this low upload speed i kick out from some torrent tracker site.

I already done port forwarding and use best torrent with maximum seeds.

Everybody have same speed in Plan 500, if no than help me with your best suggestions.

Thanks,
Spidy

"HAPPY SHARING"

usually according to speedtest results speed for home 500 is shown around 1900kbps & upload 430kbps in my case.your speed if it indeed is 250kbps & 35kbps then its too low.in fact these speeds are in plan 900/750 so confirm that you are using plan 500 by confirming it with exchange & bsnl portal.

yes confirm ur plan..i think u r put in some unlimited plans...by d way 35 kbps upload is too slow for any plan.

Hi friends,
whitestar_999 & Motorazor143
Thanks for giving replay in this busy world.

But I am sure about my plan and i use same from last two years.

If you have any idea/suggestion for improvement than guide me.

Thanks for your support.
spidy.

Mr. Guptaji,Ye to bhedbhav hai.BOSS guide me please.

is that speedtest.net result or torrent speed ?? just paste the screenshot !!I think spidy might have told 250kBps and 35kBps (the speed he gets in torrents)(torrent site you get kicked of because of your bad ratio 250kBps you leech and seed @ 35kBps )so we can assume it as 250kBps =>2000kbps =>2mbps !!35kBps =>280kbps (upload speed) !! i think bsnl upload speeds are lesser in 2mbps plan !!Spidy, if you are saying you getting 250kBps in torrent, that is a good speed with 500 plan. i dont think you can do anything on upload speed !! In INDIA, we have to survive with all these craps !! heard in Newyork, 20mbps up/down is costing 55$ !! (somewhat 2200) (UNLIMITED) !!!

according to my speedtest.net resultmy download speed is 1.8Mbpsupload speed is 220KbpsTorrents i can get 60KB Down/up for single download and if there are morethan 1 download i will get maximum speed of 220Kbps download speed.If i download from official site say microsoft,IBM for commercial software downloading it will be 200Kbps down speed.But i never get download speed morethan 220kbps. Is this good for Home 500Plan or do i need to talk to BSNL CC. How about speed guys?ThanksBala

Check my sig. Thats my most recent test result.. I was getting those speeds consistently.. :thumbsup:

How can you get a 5Mbps speed for a 2Mbps connection. The BSNL dwnstream line itself is capped to 2048kbps(2MBps).

How can they change their policy. Your Speedtest looks genuine
I still dont believe, because 1) i'm not happy, i dont get those speeds and 2)I'm not happy i dont get those speeds.

I never get speeds beyond 1700kbps.

I regularly dont check and I think,this is the best speed i ever got.

and I dont beleive this, (one below)

The speed which you mentioned is the best. Please see the calculations below to understand yourself: 2 Mbps = 2048 Mega bits per second.(2048 bits)/8 = 256 Mega bytes per second. BSNL uses ADSL here they split this 256 bits streams into 8 channels of 32 bits each.They use 7 channels for download and 1 channel for upload. So, the maximum download speed anyone can get from BSNL broadband is 7 * 32 =224 kBps:thumbsup:The maximum upload speed from BSNL broadband is 1 * 32 = 32 KBps:thumbsup: You also say that you are getting low speed when downloading one file in contrast to downloading many files. This is because BSNL uses bandwidth on demand policy. Hence only when your download needs increase BSNL server will increase your Bandwidth. So, in order to use the full speed you have to use some Download managers like DAP which I consider to be best. As far as torrents are considered you have to seed as much as possible. I get speed of more than 180 kBps consistently over torrents. The reason why you have been kicked out of torrent tracker may be lack of seeding. Try seeding and you will get amazing speed.🙂

@gbalachanderYou mentioned that the maximum upload speed is 32KBps.. But i don't understand how i get upload speeds like 50 - 60 KBps, especially for torrents and that too regularly 😕 .. Maybe i am just lucky :thumbsup: