• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,335

Verminox

Mr. Fortytwo
ISP
MTNL Triband
Gah! This has been a frustrating ride.

I changed my plan from DSL 749 (752Kbps, unlimited) to DSL 748 (2Mbps, 5GB) w.e.f. 1st September 2010. My plan did get changed (got a confirmation call around August 26th) and when I login to register.mtnl.net.in it shows my balance usage for this month (which means the limit is in place). However, my speed never got upgraded.

I complained several times on 1504, 24361221 (no answer), 24329308, 12540 but everybody just said they will forward/fix the issue but nothing happened.

I made 3 online complaints and all of them were replied to by the expert MTNL team with this message:

speed ok

When I can clearly see:

https://www.speedtest.net

I even got a call from a lady from MTNL asking why I am making so many complaints because apparently "If the plan is changed the speed is changed immediately, it is impossible otherwise". I even got a system-generated e-mail from MTNL saying that my speed is fine (and basically that I should stop complaining).

This is madness! :frown: What do I do?

Use the speedtest of MTNL itself and complain. Here is the link for the test.

1. Do the speed test, and PrtSc (Print screen) the result as a proof. Also see what speed you are synced to, on your router page.2. The phone calls will not help. MTNL guys are a lazy lot, and dont understand much. The best way out is to go to your MTNL Branch personally, and catch the guys in charge of Triband, and get it solved. If they are not helpful, approach the DGM (I have realized that these DGM's of MTNL are very approachable, and they do help out in such issues). By this I am sure your complaint will be solved. Keep us updated

Finally got through to the Bandra Exchange. There also the guy tried to give excuses like "he will forward the query" etc. but after a little persuation and sincere requests he processed the complaint and we immediately got a call back from a certain Ms. Mukadam (had previously spoken to her she was rather rude but now that the complaint was official she was helpful).

After a day and half of at least seven rounds of calling with the same old "it should be working fine now"|"no it's not" today finally the speed did get changed to 2Mbps. Tiring journey it was. Now I am too afraid to ever switch to a plan below this speed 😛

Finally got through to the Bandra Exchange. There also the guy tried to give excuses like "he will forward the query" etc. but after a little persuation and sincere requests he processed the complaint and we immediately got a call back from a certain Ms. Mukadam (had previously spoken to her she was rather rude but now that the complaint was official she was helpful).

After a day and half of at least seven rounds of calling with the same old "it should be working fine now"|"no it's not" today finally the speed did get changed to 2Mbps. Tiring journey it was. Now I am too afraid to ever switch to a plan below this speed 😛

Can you please outline exactly who/ how you got through? You called / emailed/ online ticket or personally? Please outlines steps. Been having issues freq disconnections 2/5 minutes for 1.5 months.

Can you please outline exactly who/ how you got through? You called / emailed/ online ticket or personally? Please outlines steps. Been having issues freq disconnections 2/5 minutes for 1.5 months.
I was having problems similar to yours for a similar period as well. I emailed marol.helpdesk@mtnl.net.in and they responded with 3 contact numbers in my exchange. I had spoken ot one lady on one of those numbers earlier and she tested and told me the problem was with the cable connection although I was getting decent SNR and attenuation numbers. She had given me a number of another guy to follow up for the cable and I had done that too. Finally on one of those numbers I had been given I was given the name of Mr. Maurya and I started my dialog with him. The first call he was polite and promised to look into it. A few days later the problem had not yet been resolved so 2 days back I called and told him point blank that I have been facing this problem too long and have run out of patience. Tikona has put a tower on my terrace and I am inclined to switch if the problem is not resolved in the next two days. The same night I found that there were no disconnections. Yesterday a person called and asked how our bb connection was. He said he had changed the cable. Last night too my connection was rock steady and back to its rated speed.
Today I called to thank Maurya and he confirmed a cable had been changed.
I have generally been very satisfied with my MTNL connection. Just this rare issue since last several years. But I find that if you get hold of the right guy in your exchange they are pretty decent.
I am saving Mr. Maurya's number for the future. You need to find his equivalent in your own exchange. For those belonging to 292x exchange codes, please pm me if you want his contact number.