Pings?

sending pings with greater payload is definitely not recommended. its equivalent to a DDoS attack on ur local server.

Ok i agree with that.....But let me xplain u wat happened this morning.I started net....I logged on....but none of the site opened.I pinged with 32 bytes(the normal ping) to find that pings were absolutely normal.....0 % loss.So i thought the problem wud be at sify's end and wud resolve after some time.Next I am not even able to open sify's dialer page. If i try downloading bb client from thir sam server, it gives me a speed in 200-300 bytes persecond range( see its bytes not kilobytes)So I think that the prom is at sify's end2 hrs gone by----still no change----Next I call my CTO to enquire about if there's any prom at sify's endCTO says internet at their center is fine and there are no other complaints.So the prom is not at sify's end ( i confirmed at sify too) and neither in my local network(bcoz pings with 32 bytes didnt miss at all and all were

Sounds like a local LAN fault. Try checking the cable connection to your computer, if it's loose or whether it's damaged in any way.Also you might try calling other customers on your LAN if possible and ask how they are faring.

the best thing to really sort out the problem is just cut a metre length off ur cat5 cable adn now plug it in. it shuld wrk fine . the problem is that these wires do stiffen up a bit in winters and tend to break off more easily when u twist the wire or even for that matter keepheavy weights on it :blink: . i think this shuld solve ur ptoblem. call the CTo if u dont hava cat5 clipper. he will do it for ya. 🙂 well even if that doesnt wrk then ask ur CTO to plug ur lan cable at a different port in ur hub or switch whatever it is. and to find out the problems is with there server or not just telll a frnd of urs to switch on his comp (preferably on the same hub) with heavy loads and see if that wrks.

if his cto was concerned enough to do so much, he would be more worried than google_singh here. he is just knocking off an obvious network problem. have seen it all. u have to force them to get ur network fixed up.