Ping problem

• Thread starter Thread starter blitz_rox
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3,656

blitz_rox

ISP
BSNL 900UL
Ok, I'm new here, in this forum. SO don't just ignore my post please. 🙂I'm on a BSNL900UL plan. Using it from the start. Now I admit that BSNL really sucks and all and they just butchered us 900UL users, but as I play online games more than I download, I'm not gonna start with the stupid download speed.It's just I'm getting unstable connection from the last week. And things are getting worse, sometimes pages wont open and I have to refresh it couple of times. But I dunno why, download speed is ok, no problem there.And the real headache for me is, I'm getting frigging high Pings in games that I used to get average ping before. Like I'm getting 300+ ping on those servers that I used to get 110-140. And not just one game, I've tried with few like BF2, BF2142, CSS, DOD:S.And my PC is OK, checked everything.IS IT ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE ROUTER? Suppose they(BSNL) changed it. I'm suspecting that the router could be culprit.:huh😛lease help. 🙁

i doubt its a problem on your end. its possible (and you should pray for) that bsnl's routers are in need of a reboot 🙂anyways, internet connectivity (at least in terms of ping/lag times) from india is poor in general and bad for online fast-paced gaming like first-person shooters.maybe you should drop unreal tournament and play a good slow game of cards or something 😛

I play CSS, DODS, BF2 etc...and 110-150 ping aint that much of a problem. But in UT2004 and any DM, 150 ping is kindda sucks...but not in a team based game like BF2 or DODS. And Australian, Asian servers provides good ping in those games(100 upto 180).

So its not like, OMG!! 150 PING!! teh sucks.....

So ROUTER could be the problem, you think?

Also, playing with 150-200 ping aint suck, and here's the proof:

Last season in DOD:Source HLstatsX - Realtime Player Statistics for Half-Life 1 and Half-Life 2! - Global Ranking

This Season in DOD: Source HLstatsX - Realtime Player Statistics for Half-Life 1 and Half-Life 2! - Global Ranking

And those are my friends (The ROCK, ERIC CARTMAN) from Kolkata who plays from their BSNL 900UL.

do these tcp optimiser tools really help with something as fundamental as ping/lag times?

Thanks, I'll try that out. But I don't think things gonna improve much, as its a router problem.Anyway, appreciate that. 🙂

@vishalrao: Here we go again ! Another router condemned/blamed for all the internet troubles speed etc! @blitz_rox : Borrow another router from a friend and try. @moderator: There should be a new section for all these Game complaints.After reading the threads so long , I feel , now it is time to blame the communication satellites for slow speed etc! Unfortunately I don't know the satellite names ! Any tweaking possible from the modem/ router ?

@vishalrao: Here we go again ! Another router condemned/blamed for all the internet troubles speed etc! @blitz_rox : Borrow another router from a friend and try. @moderator: There should be a new section for all these Game complaints.After reading the threads so long , I feel , now it is time to blame the communication satellites for slow speed etc! Unfortunately I don't know the satellite names ! Any tweaking possible from the modem/ router ?

I'm talking about BSNL's router mate...not mine.

quote I am talking about BSNL's router mate...not mine Unquote Good. Any BSNL technical member in this forum ? or anybody familiar with the Setup at BSNL end router ?