phpBB

Ryan

Regulars
Regulars
Hey I was wondering. Would you guys consider switching over to phpBB since I believe it has more functionality. IPB is tight, but once more members start registering, I think maybe phpBB would be better. Again, IPB is cool and all :)

Sushubh

Administrator
phpbb has more functions? like what?neowin runs IPB. for bigger boards, vBulletin is a better alternative. but cannot afford it anyways. :)

Ryan

Regulars
Regulars
Well I don't know all the functions, but almost everyone says with phpBB you can really customize it. as for vbulletin, that's kind of expensive.

ujjwal

Regular
Regulars
phpBB is good if you want to customise it a lot, but I would say IPB is the best board out of the box :)I think its better to stick with it ...

Sushubh

Administrator
the problem with IPB is that the free version now is pathetically limited.

power

supersupersuper...
Regulars
IPB is way better than phpbb . Recently 5-6 exploits of phpbb broke up in wild (check seclists on some good site like k-otik) and numerous sites were hacked .And as a default installation phpbb cant compare to IPB for sure .

Sushubh

Administrator
as i said the problem is that phpBB is the only popular board application free... other applications are punBB. For lightweight boards, BBPress is under development!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
manu1991 News 2
Sushubh News 0
Amitoj Duggal Apps 3