• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 20,018
Status
Not open for further replies.

vs_jinny

ISP
Tata Indicom
Hi,Recently I've taken a photon+ USB Modem in Bangalore. They gave me the modem for Rs.2000 in a special deal for IBM Employees and unlimited plan for Rs.1500.What they didn't mention is the Maximum Download limit in this Plan. If anyone is aware about it, please let know.Also, the download speed is very less (around 10-25kbps), but they said the speed is upto 3.1mpbs. I was expecting download speed in the range of 100-300kbps. Is there any way to increase the download speed. Please help me out.

from what i have seen tata photon plus has a 15GB download limit. and they charge around 1500 rupees for it. righto.

Hi,

Recently I've taken a photon+ USB Modem in Bangalore. They gave me the modem for Rs.2000 in a special deal for IBM Employees and unlimited plan for Rs.1500.

What they didn't mention is the Maximum Download limit in this Plan. If anyone is aware about it, please let know.

Also, the download speed is very less (around 10-25kbps), but they said the speed is upto 3.1mpbs. I was expecting download speed in the range of 100-300kbps. Is there any way to increase the download speed. Please help me out.

Hi!If you are Tata Indicom customer you can send Tata Indicom connection details at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in and get your issue resolved.

Hi!If you are Tata Indicom customer you can send Tata Indicom connection details at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in and get your issue resolved.

It seems to me that you work for Tata, why not provide answers here rather than divert people away?

Before going to the Customer Care, I want to know how much speed should I get.I checked the speed from testmyspeed.com and airtel's speed checker.They both gave results as😀ownload Speed - 300-400kbpsUpload Speed - 80-150kbpsBut when downloading any file from Mediafire.com, the highest speed that i have got till now is 80kbps.I think there is some problem here, but I need advice from you guys.

If you want to test download speed, try something from the Microsoft website. They have a fairly high bandwidth and do not limit the speed to something available in India. File hosting websites on the other hand, put speed restrictions unless you opt for their paid services.

from what i have seen tata photon plus has a 15GB download limit. and they charge around 1500 rupees for it. righto.

Dear Admin,

Thanks for letting us know the FUP cap of 15 GB per month, this is very important and it is no where mentioned on their website, but where did you see it on their site? Please send me the link if possible, thanks again

they all are same they don't give what they say and they will make stupid excuses after you buy their connection that they don't support link-removed and they only recommend downloading everything from microsoft.com i mean how are we suppose to download movies and games from microsoft.com they always block your download speed in torrents or in any other sites with weak server.i am using airtel broadband ma 30GB i pay 1540 including tax every month and i get about 270Kbps download speed while downloading from microsoft.com and 10 - 80 Kbps while downloading any torrent dosent matter whether it has 200 seeder's pr 2000 seeder's and i get 12 - 170 Kbps while downloading any song or some file from random sites.and ya i have used photon + too and i must help you here that it sucks even worse than my airtel connection it offers 3.1 Mbps that means you should get 3100 divide by 8 = 387Kbps max speed and i have never got more than 200Kbps even in microsoft.com. what ever speed they are offering just convert it to Kbps and divide it with 8 because 1 bit = 8 bytes they give you speed in bits and you get speed in bytes.

Status
Not open for further replies.