PhonePe Updates

These people are going nutty and it's awesome over swiggy it's usually Rs 30 to Rs 75 off on every swiggy order, can be used multiple times.

^ same. Amazon pay has swiggy offer which can be used only once per month, however PhonePe can be used 5 times per month

Fraud alert: Preventing malicious apps from accessing your data

funny story about PhonePe. i was in market and i saw that a shopkeeper had thrown away his phonepe balloon...

Css7da5.webp

i asked the shopkeeper... phonepe lena band kar diya kya?

he be like. nahi toh! phone pe order ab bhi lete hai.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Smh
Ive just come across one supermarket accepting PhonePe. Rest all shops use Paytm. phonepe should also use their sales agents and provide plastic stand and QR code for normal kirana shopkeepers like paytm did

Last time I contacted them few months ago about getting their qr for a contact's restaurant they said that they were only focusing on Mumbai and Delhi. Gurgaon later. Kind of said how slow their rollout has been.

Some stores here have bharatqr codes. Probably being pushed by banks. But PhonePe wallet amount doesn't work on that.

Last edited:
I have serious doubt that that they'll ever become profitable unless they start charging a fee per UPI transaction.

Still remains to be seen how these companies are going to monetize user data. No one is going to pay for doing transactions. Banks can get away with it. Apps can't.

why all these companies are burning so much money for shit quality data ? selling to general Indian audience is a very tough task though pubg has been successful to make people addicted to pay for virtual game skins.

data is valuable but majority of tiktok ,helo etc type apps users are not going to spend money, advertising to them is just burning money. Their data quality is equal to pop up ads quality data.

Walmart Inc-controlled Indian e-commerce firm Flipkart said on Thursday it was partially spinning off PhonePe in a move aimed at widening the digital payments platform's access to capital to fuel its growth. PhonePe will raise $700 million in primary capital, Bengaluru-based Flipkart said in a statement.