• Thread starter Thread starter krish_88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 4,318

krish_88

Regulars
ISP
Airtel XStream Fiber
Hi. I need an immediate reply from you people. Iam having problem when i plug my telephone line in the telephone. The net doesnt work. Can you tell me what exactly is the problem and when i connect my phone through filter. It starts working. Is it necessary that i have to connect through filter everytime.

First of all, the dsl wire coming from the splitter (the grey box) should not have any breaks. I mean don't try and make a break in that line to install a parallel phone line. That affects speeds. If u need a parallel line, split the phone line coming out of the spitter using a junction box. But since ur saying that it completely stops working, u need to check the wiring. I have a feeling that some wires are short-circuiting which causes even ur net conn. to stop working.

the splitter is imp for three reason1) For Speed2)There will be no disturbence in the phone3) Caller Id will work otherwise u"ll get half no.

Originally posted by krish_88@Sep 21 2005, 03:10 PM
it necessary that i have to connect through filter everytime.
[snapback]25820[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes if u want the net working properly alongwith the phoneline.

Filter's main role is to decrease the disturbance in ur phone line when u are using DSL....... 😛

Got you people. Another thing should i use only one telephone with dsl and splitter inspite of having two lines.

Seems u want to ask if u can use parallel lines (multiple instruments) in ur home.........Yes u can.But, as said earlier, u will hve to connect the splitter on the line on which ur using DSL..... 🙂

yes bad_till_bones. I use multiple instruments. But the one phone which i connect with splitter doesnt have any disturbance and the other one with a parallel lines has a disturbance

Then attach the splitter to the main line tht comes in ur house. That is attach it before the line get splits on other room.BTW: Do u get constant DSL connection? 🤔

yes i get constant net. I called the Mtnl Guys they said only one line is accessible. If i want to also the another line to be accessible then i have to do some kind of wiring that mtnk guys will do at an extra charge

Ok....as stated above - Attach the splitter to the main line tht comes in ur house. That is, attach it before the line get splits in other room.Everything will be fine then 🙂

@osinghrathore@ t filter is quite costly.. was quoted a price of bout 2k.. definately not worth.. why do u need a 2nd filter ..sisnt u get 1 wid t modem.. if u r having parallel conn. on t same fone line.. just put t filter where t fone line enters yr house bfor it branches 2 ur fone lines.. u can attach an adapter at t phone line end of the filter so dat u can take out 2 parallel line to yr fones..

This has been repeated hell lot of times...........request to upload it in important links -

If you are not using parallel lines -

U only need to attach the splitter on the line from where u want the DSL connection. Take the telephone connection thru the "Phone" socket of the splitter.

Let me explain, there are three sockets in the splitter:

1. Line.
2. DSL.
3. Phone.

Line & DSL sockets are on the same side and Phone is on the other side.

Line: In this socket ur telephone cable is inserted from the phone jack.

DSL: In this socket, insert the DSL cable and other end goes to the DSL modem.

Phone: Insert the telephone instrument cable in it. If you want a DSL and telephone connection in the same room.

This way it won't affect the speed of ur DSL connection. Plus there will be no disturbance in ur phone line.

If u r using parallel lines -

Attach the splitter (in the same way, as stated above) to the main line that comes in ur house. That is, attach it before the line get splits in other rooms.

Hope no doubts now 😛