phone line

• Thread starter Thread starter krish_88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 4,319
Originally posted by docmanya@Sep 24 2005, 12:32 PM
@osinghrathore@ t filter is quite costly.. was quoted a price of bout 2k.. definately not worth.. why do u need a 2nd filter ..sisnt u get 1 wid t modem.. if u r having parallel conn. on t same fone line.. just put t filter where t fone line enters yr house bfor it branches 2 ur fone lines.. u can attach an adapter at t phone line end of the filter so dat u can take out 2 parallel line to yr fones..
[snapback]26184[/snapback]
[/quote]

:blink: oh my... I can't believe Are u sur abt that? The router comes at around 3-4k and just this splitter (or ADSL Filter) will cost me 2k 😱

BTW I did get filter with my Router but problem is with telephone wiring in my house...to detail it, there are two floors in my house so first, telephone line splits for each of the floor and then in my room I've put this ADSL filter so again telephone line is splitting in two for my router and the telephone ( which ofcourse is in my room )
And the problem is that whenever somebody uses phone from the ground floor my net disconnects ( but no problems in using phone in my room)
Thats why I required Filter to install it on ground floor as well.

I never repeated it 4 u..........k? I repeated it 4 "osinghrathore", while he asked 4 a filter question n sumone replied him abt. setting up the filter n splitter. 🙂 😛 However, will take care in future......

Ne idea.. in my case when I connect the phone line from splitter output to the main line running across the home . ther is alot of noice in all instruments. ON the contrary...if I connect the internal phone network from before the spillter, all works fine.... though I am not sure abt speeds getting affected??ne idea what is wrong????

netahoy yaar, i think that the prob is ur splitter i.e it must be defective. I hv mutiple telephone intruments (parallel conn.) in my house and i don face such probs. And if u've not already done it then check the wiring u're using coz if the wire is loose or something there's a lot of disturbance created in the tel line.waise i think that when u connect ur BB thru the splitter the speed must also be getting affected.

Originally posted by docmanya@Sep 24 2005, 12:32 PM
@osinghrathore@ t filter is quite costly.. was quoted a price of bout 2k.. definately not worth..
[snapback]26184[/snapback]
[/quote]

ADSL filter is available in Delhi at Nehru Place for rs. 150/-

I bought the last one for 125 INR inc VAT... so probably u can get one inless than 100 or so from nehru place