pfsense configuration for Alliance Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter sloke123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,252
ISP
Alliance
Hi everyone,
How do you guys configure pfsense with Alliance Broadband? My local operator gave a single port Huawei ONU/ONT (Not Router) and an IP address. I can connect the TP-Link/Netgear router with no issues. But I can’t connect to the internet with the pfsense. I called the operator, and he said that I was connected to their network. I couldn’t figure out what was wrong here, and the operator didn’t want to support the third-party router. Can you guys help me with the configuration?
Things I've done -
  1. Leave the Hostname and Domain as it is.
  2. Leave the primary and secondary DNS servers blank.
  3. Set the connection type to Static.
  4. Put the IP address and subnet mask 25(255.255.255.128).
  5. Put the mac address of my previous router.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Does internet work if you connect directly to PC from your ONU?
Firstly, check that by configuring your IP settings directly in your PC. If not then contact LCO

configure ur TP-Link device with a lan cable from router bt 1st check the isp config is in ont or router u have to play with dhcp nat etc
Sorry, I don't get what you are saying. I want to replace my existing TP-link router with the pfsense box. So, Why do I have to configure the existing TP-link router? My ISP gave me just one ONT. My ISP told me that this is not a router. It is like an Optical to LAN converter. If I need to connect multiple devices, then I need a router. And I can use whatever I want.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes but then u need to check ur ont does it has config mode or its just works as a media converter . if it has then config all isp details in onu n then proceed with pfsense

ONT needs to be in bridge mode or you will need to configure gateway of last resort statically on your pfsense to the ont. You will need to check if your ONT has a vlan config as well which should be left as is.