• Thread starter Thread starter warthog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 5,980
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

warthog

After going through the tariffs i will say that the avg bb user wont spend more than rs1000 (20$).Is it possible mgcarly ,to launch 1mb plan for rs ~999 ,2mb plan for ~1399,4mb plan ~1799 so to directly challenge airtel.

also does your flat rate plan have FUP or p2p throttling\bandwidth management

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

http://www.hayai.in/maintenance/hayai_in_201102.pdf

also what is this in your link
Data plans and/or Fair Usage Policies indicate bandwidth in each direction, e.g. 1GB download + 1GB upload, NOT 1GB in divided between download and upload.

wTF

Actually, the dream plan would be Rs. 999 for 2 mbps unlimited, no FUP, no throttling.When most countries can go to 20 mbps at similar price, we are killed even asking for it 🙁

i actually agree wid MG on the speed thingy. Currently i pay 1800 for 2MBPS day and 4MBPS night. For 200 more i can then get the 5 MBPS flatrate. He is starting a high speed broadband not just good speed broadband, otherwise there wont be much of a diff other than price. Also if and when he starts u can expect other isp's to change their tactics in order to keep their cust base which in turn would bring a broadband revolution in INDIA. .. .. .. touchwood

The Price of all the plans are out of this world. Though you got speeds but normally an average residential broadband customer prefers not to spend more than Rs.1000 per month. Whether it's 1 Mbit/s or 512 kbps or even more.Though I couldn't agree on this one ""1GB download + 1GB upload, NOT 1GB in divided between download and upload."":notallowed: Technically for me this is not correct !

Though I couldn't agree on this one ""1GB download + 1GB upload, NOT 1GB in divided between download and upload."":notallowed: Technically for me this is not correct !

why? isint it better than

1GB= 500 up + 500 down

where as Hayai would give

1GB = 1GB up + 1GB down

why? isint it better than

1GB= 500 up + 500 down

where as Hayai would give

1GB = 1GB up + 1GB down

Ohh Yeah ! My Fault. I took it the other way. Din't read it properly 😀 ..Anyways still the price of the plans are not fair enough.

Has anybody really gone through the other threads? The reasons of why it is not possible have been explained atleast a dozen times, if not more.

To summarize (I am sure mg would correct me if I went wrong)
The infrastructure costs 550 & per GB costs 10 , so either he can

a. give 45 GB at 550 + 45*10 - And speed difference (2/5/10/etc/100 does NOT cost extra money - hence he is giving 100 mbps

(or)

b. throttle you down to 45 GB , by either giving lousy 256/512 kbps speeds or give a small FUP of 10/20 GB & then throttle

He feels there are dozen ISPs doing b. & hence no point in becoming 1 more in this group. Therefore he feels he can potentially tap the market & get people who are happy with the option a. - more so since no one seems to be even thinking about it.

@warthog - I am sure you would have PM'ed mg about this new thread as per his request, if not please do so.

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

The above examples are keeping the 1000 rupee budget mentioned

It'll still not be feasible. Face it, you will have to pay for quality. Fiber is costly to setup, and then maintain too. I suppose a few months after Hayai's launch a 1500 plan might become feasible, as costs decrease, but not sooner.Plus, your calculations missed the profit part for the company. And even so, 45 GB is still quite less.

When i said I cost , I meant buying cost + profit (As he himself says he is running a business & not an NGO). The unlimited option is @ 1999 currently, in others for 1000 - 45 GB is what he can give accounting his "buying cost + profit"

the so called HAYAI has not even been launched anywhere if i am correct right? and you are arguing over the pricing already !?! LET IT LAUNCH .. i.e. if it does !!

After going through the tariffs i will say that the avg bb user wont spend more than rs1000 (20$).Is it possible mgcarly ,to launch 1mb plan for rs ~999 ,2mb plan for ~1399,4mb plan ~1799 so to directly challenge airtel.

There is no need of plans less than 5mbit/s Speeds, Looking at the scenario of broadband in India. Isp's like MTNL are offering 1mbit and 2mbit for 999 and 1899 .. why dont u people opt for such ones?

Regarding the p2p throttling who is Asking u to stay wid airtel broadband? Move away dude.. if u are wanting such types of service Go for Reliance.

---------- Post added at 06:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 AM ----------

the so called HAYAI has not even been launched anywhere if i am correct right? and you are arguing over the pricing already !?! LET IT LAUNCH .. i.e. if it does !!

Well, I have been saying the same thing for past few days!!

Not going to happen. I've said it many times - We're filling a niche. We're aiming to be India's FASTEST ISP, not India's cheapest. If you still think we should do slower plans, then you clearly do not understand Hayai's purpose. End of story.

It's because of this kind of pricing that other ISPs have such trouble delivering anything other than 256kbit/s. Speed doesn't cost, data does. Basically, if you want to get a plan which everybody else has, go with everybody else.

No. Our Fair Usage Policy has been clearly explained in other threads - even on page 1 of the FAQs thread. Please read it. If you still don't understand it, please ask.

http://www.hayai.in/maintenance/hayai_in_201102.pdf

also what is this in your link
Data plans and/or Fair Usage Policies indicate bandwidth in each direction, e.g. 1GB download + 1GB upload, NOT 1GB in divided between download and upload.

wTF

It means that instead of 1GB down and 1GB up being counted as 2GB of usage as it is with most ISPs, we count it as 1GB down and 1GB up separately. To put it in more easily understood terms, if you are seeding a torrent, this means you can seed to a 1.0 ratio.

To summarize (I am sure mg would correct me if I went wrong)
The infrastructure costs 550 & per GB costs 10 , so either he can

a. give 45 GB at 550 + 45*10 - And speed difference (2/5/10/etc/100 does NOT cost extra money - hence he is giving 100 mbps

(or)

b. throttle you down to 45 GB , by either giving lousy 256/512 kbps speeds or give a small FUP of 10/20 GB & then throttle

He feels there are dozen ISPs doing b. & hence no point in becoming 1 more in this group. Therefore he feels he can potentially tap the market & get people who are happy with the option a. - more so since no one seems to be even thinking about it.

@warthog - I am sure you would have PM'ed mg about this new thread as per his request, if not please do so.

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

The above examples are keeping the 1000 rupee budget mentioned

Right on.

The Price of all the plans are out of this world. Though you got speeds but normally an average residential broadband customer prefers not to spend more than Rs.1000 per month. Whether it's 1 Mbit/s or 512 kbps or even more.

We're not aiming for the "average residential broadband subscriber" who "prefers not to spend more than Rs.1000 per month". I've said it many times - We're filling a niche. We're aiming to be India's FASTEST ISP, not India's cheapest. Basically, if you want to get a plan which everybody else has, go with everybody else.

I think this discussion can be said to be over before it began.

Status
Not open for further replies.