People are now facing problems with Airtel Broadband before they get connected to their network!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,928

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
We are all familiar with the pain of poor customer service in India by even the best of companies. But, recently while trying to get an internet connection from Airtel, I was smothered by the over enthusiasm of their agents. When it took the form of scheming and stalking over a two-week period, I realized that our national telecom carriers were not in a good place.

Now the same lady called me to confirm the appointment and I explained that the papers had been submitted. At this the nice lady got aggressive and started lecturing me about having given it to the wrong guy. By now (a little late I know) I realized what the deal was – these guys were clearly scurrying for commissions on new connections and from what I hear it’s a goodly amount. Then on I learnt to hang up on Airtel people except the guy who collected my papers.

Maybe Airtel is trying to make up for its incompetence of a few months back but this new hard sell clearly borders on harassment. It left me as a customer confused, angry and also vulnerable since I was handing out my personal documents. Considering, the site requires your home address I am also endangering myself by opening myself to visits from weird men. Calls at any hour through a work day and weird spy movie plot narrations by different agents is part of nightmarish experience.

Nightmare on Bharti Street

So many complaints and still Airtel is not acting up. hope it gets back to its old self, circa 2008.

Over months friends have gone on about how fast Airtel’s connections are and we decided to try it again.

heh 😉

This is a common problem, And I would say not restricted to Airtel.

well the point raised here is exactly that. these are not the kind of problems you had expect from airtel.

from reliance? yes. i have faced it myself. agents fighting with each other over who gets my connection.

agents fighting with each other over who gets my connection.

even airtel agents now also fight over who resolves the complaint regarding broadband/landline.

few days back i logged a complaint and i got over 3 calls on same day within 1 hour from different executives for rectifying the problem.

Similar thing happened when I gave my cellphone number on the videocon d2h website for a new connection. A girl called the next day and tried to explain the plans which wasnt successful (An outstation call was too much to handle for the Tata docomo connection!)So since her voice was not clear at call I decided to cut the call without my basic purpose being solved. At that time she started requesting that I buy the connection from her only. Her colleagues may try to persuade my by saying that she left the job, or has not come etc etc but I should strictly say that I want to talk to her only! 😀 😀She even tried to rehearse how I would react if someone else called! 😀 😀After that I got many calls from different people even though I didnt want the connection at all. I dont remember If I had to write an angry mail to them or if the calls stopped by themselves after some time.

So many complaints and still Airtel is not acting up. hope it gets back to its old self, circa 2008.

"To act up" means to malfunction or misbehave. Aren't they malfunctioning enough already? Do you want Airtel to deteriorate even more? 😛