Pendrive not being detected - Urgently help needed

new 16GB is for 500 buks on Snapdeal just incase u need one urgently 😛

I had purchased a Transcend Jet Flash 700 USB 3.0 16 GB Pendrive from Flipkart in mid September 2011. The pendrive is not even a year old.

Yesterday I inserted my pendrive in a friend's laptop to transfer files of around 1.5GB. The pendrive had more than 10GB free space. 70-80% of the transfer was done but then his laptop's battery drained off and the laptop obviously got shut down. Since then, whenever I insert my pendrive in any device the blue light on it blinks for around 10 seconds and then the light turns off too. The pendrive is not detected.

I have tried reading the pendrive on my friend's laptop, on my laptop and my tablet too. On each device, the pendrive's light blinks for about 10 seconds but nothing happens.

Please help, is there any way by which I can fix it?

Hey abhishek had a similar issue with my 32gb transcend pen drive...tried this software Dr.UFD (my version was 1.0.2.31) i guess higher versions should work too. It fixed my drive when i had no hope of ever see it working again..working like a charm for over a year now...no harm giving it a final shot(in case you not worried too much about the warranty)..just google it..or pm me your email i'll mail it to you.

Ps: I think this software is for xp and vista only so you should try it on those machines only (unless right clicking and running as administrator works in windows 7) and all your data in the pendrive will be lost

Will the warranty void if I use that software?

Not sure on that part..it worked for me so did not need a replacement under warranty..you could give it a try n see if the software is detecting your drive n then take a call before hitting the repair button...maybe the software doesnot work in your case...your call mate..I was just sharing a similar experience n thought your need was urgent n at all costs...entirely upto you mate..if you feel that it's better to wait 1-2 months n get a new one as replacement then that's also fair call

I tried Dr. UFD and that did not work too.

BTW I called Accel and asked them to change the location to USA, but they said that they have a software in which they just need to enter the serial number to check the warranty. There is no option to select or change the location.
They have also asked me to call them back on Monday morning, will call them and hopefully they would have checked the warranty by then.

----------

By the way why do they wanna check the warranty? Can't I simply take my bill dated somewhere in mid September 2011? (I don't remember the exact date)

I would suggest do that. They'll keep postponing it if you call. If possible take a printout of the Warranty page and the bill and take it to their office/shop.