• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 7,044

armaan_99

Armaan
ISP
Airtel ₹1099
Jio ₹399 Plan
Hello All, Recently i happen to take a Compaq V3029AU laptop. The laptop comes with a built in WiFi. If anyone are aware the Type-III Modem of BSNL Comes with 4 ethernet Port one USB Port and the Modem says WLAN. The Modem has the option to insert a PCMCIA Card. The Modem comes with a Slot. I like to know what PCMCIA card is it actually as i am trying hard to get one and everyone are suggesting me to go for PCMCIA card for my Laptop. I have to yell at them saying my Laptop already has WiFi. It is Modem which i want to make WiFi. One Guy asked me to go for a Wireless Lan Card(PCMCIA Card) and insert it in the Modem but he is not sure how to load the drivers as the Card will be inserted in the Modem. Please help if it will be a Plug N Play or is there any specific PCMCIA Card for Modem to be purchased.Thanksarmaan

QUOTE(arm @ Nov 30 2006, 04:53 PM) [snapback]69961[/snapback]
[/b]

Contact your nearest exchange... they might give you a PCMCIA Card for your MT841 at an xtra charge....

Done. I contacted them they are telling me to contact any computer shop. No computer shop has the idea of it.
QUOTE(Spawn Freak @ Nov 30 2006, 05:56 PM) [snapback]69965[/snapback]
Contact your nearest exchange... they might give you a PCMCIA Card for your MT841 at an xtra charge....
[/b]

The type III modem costs Rs. 1800Type IV - Rs.2000Why didn't you go for that in the first place? This card you want is (I think) hardware specific. The MT841 must have built-in drivers only for the supplied wireless card. If you can get one with the same specifications then its okay. May be I think you can try Nehru's it hub which someone mentioned earlier. Or you can just go and buy it only from BSNL

Well That time there was no specification from BSNL what are these Modems. Commman Person was never told what is a Type -I, Type- II, Type-III or a Type- IV modems. I just went for the cheapest one. When i ordered they said there is no Type-I modem available and the next best was Type-III. Here they charged me 1500 for that modem. Anyways BSNL are not good in solving customer problems. I got the card now and i am working with Wireless Connection now sitting on my Dining Table. I got this with great difficulty run around like hell and atlast i got it from different city they charged 500/- for that. Anyhow for 2000/- i got the Type- IV modem so no regrets now.

QUOTE(arm @ Dec 6 2006, 10:47 AM) [snapback]70378[/snapback]
Well That time there was no specification from BSNL what are these Modems. Commman Person was never told what is a Type -I, Type- II, Type-III or a Type- IV modems. I just went for the cheapest one. When i ordered they said there is no Type-I modem available and the next best was Type-III. Here they charged me 1500 for that modem. Anyways BSNL are not good in solving customer problems. I got the card now and i am working with Wireless Connection now sitting on my Dining Table. I got this with great difficulty run around like hell and atlast i got it from different city they charged 500/- for that. Anyhow for 2000/- i got the Type- IV modem so no regrets now.
[/b]

Good to hear that arm. I recommend not to buy Type I modem because it heats up a lot like hell...

By the way is your wireless card getting heated up??? Coz mine is... My wireless card is getting heated up after 1 hour of use. Tell me what you think about this...

It does gets heated up but a normal heat. I get a good signal from bedroom to living room. Heat is Normal. Anyways my Local BSNL called me today saying they can give me the card for Rs750/- . Do let me know if you want.

QUOTE(arm @ Dec 10 2006, 01:00 AM) [snapback]70590[/snapback]
It does gets heated up but a normal heat. I get a good signal from bedroom to living room. Heat is Normal. Anyways my Local BSNL called me today saying they can give me the card for Rs750/- . Do let me know if you want.
[/b]

I need a WCBG03H PCMCIA 802.11b/g Card Can you tell me where are you from?

I need a WCBG03H PCMCIA 802.11b/g Card Can you tell me where are you from? pl. guide me (Since last 30 dys I m trying to get this)I try to get it from BSNL & other hardware stores but not got the same. if anybody can help me out for the same.

I need a WCBG03H PCMCIA 802.11b/g Card Can you tell me where are you from? pl. guide me (Since last 30 dys I m trying to get this)I try to get it from BSNL & other hardware stores but not got the same. if anybody can help me out for the same.

It's been 5 1/2 years i started the search for PCMCIA card for that modem, well i got from BSNL local exchange that point of time after running from pillar to post..... After 5 1/2 years i dont think i have the same energy to do it all over again.

Modem is outdated, your search should end if you get in touch with the local BSNL JTO who handles broadband and understands in the first place what you looking for.

PS:- The PCMCIA card the local exchange gave me even after finding it after one week as they were not sure how much to charge me for only PCMCIA card.

Anyways Best of luck with your search.

It's been 5 1/2 years i started the search for PCMCIA card for that modem, well i got from BSNL local exchange that point of time after running from pillar to post..... After 5 1/2 years i dont think i have the same energy to do it all over again.

Modem is outdated, your search should end if you get in touch with the local BSNL JTO who handles broadband and understands in the first place what you looking for.

PS:- The PCMCIA card the local exchange gave me even after finding it after one week as they were not sure how much to charge me for only PCMCIA card.

Thanks for the reply.

----------

Thanks for the reply.

Do you have any other solution If the PCMCIA card will not be available? I mean, any other card can work instead ?? If yes, than pl. provide the details with the cost if possible as earliest. Thanks again for your reply...

I used to have the same modem with the card. I stopped using the modem couple of years back. search online you may. find some used ones being sold on ebay.